Simi Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-127 Students
- A+110 Students
- A+91 Students
- B87 Students
- A-81 Students
- A+60 Students
- B+59 Students
- A59 Students
- A58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 132 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Simi Valley High School Reviews
Review Simi Valley High School
My first few years of high school were fun, but not very spirited. I had friends at other high schools that would have amazing assemblies and spirt weeks. My junior year I joined Renaissance and everything started to change. My last two years in high school became so much fun! Our rivalry week we would dress up the whole week and before when you were "too cool" to dress up, you were lame if you didn't. It was that whole high school experience I was missing.
There are many aspects of Simi High that I like. My favorite is the ability to access all types of resources whether it is academic or personal. At Simi High there are different opportunities the school can offer through the counseling office, the college and career center, or even through the clubs on campus. I had an idea to start a new club on campus and through the support from the different teachers and staff on campus the club is thriving and helping the students in need on campus. The school has lots of support, but at the same time it has its flaws too. There are many teachers, who are either not happy or don't understand the method of teaching teenagers, that have a hard time controlling their classes or don't teach lessons correct and tell their students that even though they are failing it is okay. This is an issue mostly because those classes where they don't teach are a reason why their GPA is reflected poorly.
Simi Valley High School has it all: academics, athletics, and the arts. As a member of many organizations on campus (varsity cheer, leadership, California Scholarship Federation, National Honor Society, and Safe Schools Ambassadors), I know the ins and outs of the school and can fully appreciate everything that the Simi High staff does to make my school fun for everyone. Last year, Simi was ranked the number one high school in the nation for school spirit and its pioneer pride has only gotten stronger with each Friday night football game. Simi Valley High School is the largest school in its district but still manages to make every student feel welcomed and a part of the SVHS family. What makes my school so great is that the overall atmosphere is inviting and inspiring to those who want to enjoy high school while receiving an education. I would not change anything about my school or the high school experience that it has provided me with.