Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Silverton High School is an above average, public school located in Silverton, OR. It has 1,334 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Silverton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C263 Students
- A-231 Students
- A-147 Students
- B-126 Students
- B122 Students
- A-81 Students
- B75 Students
- B+74 Students
- NG53 Students
- B52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 64 responses
- Football Games22%
- Mr. SHS17%
- Homecoming Bonfire14%
- Spirit Games13%
- Homecoming parade9%
- AG Parties8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Silverton High School
- C+Woodburn Academy of Art, Science & Technology
- Woodburn School District, OR
- 58 reviews
- C+Molalla High School
- Molalla River School District, OR
- 98 reviews
- BCascade Senior High School
- Cascade School District, OR
- 99 reviews
- CGervais High School
- Gervais School District, OR
- 63 reviews
Silverton High School Reviews
There are a few specific reasons why I love my school. First, the teachers at Silverton High School are passionate and driven to help their students succeed. They all have had an impact on my life, and I'd like to highlight one; my track/cross country coach and weights class teacher, Mr. Cross inspires me everyday and does his best to help me thrive. He challenges his athletes in an encouraging manner, and shares important life lessons with us. The second reason is that there is a wide variety of class options. There are many programs offered to explore and to create well-rounded individuals. Lastly, the people at my school work together to make a difference. One of our big whole-school fundraisers is for Medical Teams International. We raised over $40,000 this year!
I've attended Silverton High School for all four years of my high school career, and i'd say its been a very good school. Some of the cons is the being I feel the counselors don't quite cooperate as well as they should. In addition, some students there can be very ignorant. Apart from that its a great school. Some to the school would be the teachers most the teachers are extremely friendly and take you under their wing, I always considered them like my second set of parents!
Silverton High school is an overall great school with amazing programs for all students. I unfortunately have only gotten a little glimpse of what Silverton High School really is because of Covid-19. But in the short few months I was there, I was able to really become a part of the school and community. They focus a lot on making sure everyone feels included and welcomed and they do a pretty good job at it. They have an amazing athletic program and their music program is starting to really kick off and make a name for Silverton. The school does of course have things they need to work on. With a wide variety of students comes a lot of different opinions and it can sometimes feel a little tense when touchy subject get brought up because you don't know what your going to hear. I have also noticed that sometimes things can get swept under the rug easily. But beyond that Silverton is a great school with a great culture and it creates very well rounded students.