grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Silsbee High School is a public school located in Silsbee, TX. It has 810 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 34% in reading.
Silsbee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus161 Students
- grade B99 Students
- grade A+96 Students
- grade A minus87 Students
- grade A+87 Students
- grade B+82 Students
- grade B81 Students
- grade A72 Students
- grade B minus46 Students
- grade A+44 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responses
- Annual spirit rally/bonfire before football!30%
- Football games15%
- Pep rallies11%
- Spirit Week4%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,506 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Schools like Silsbee High School
- grade B minusVidor High School
- Vidor Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.59 out of 5 123 reviews
- grade C+Buna High School
- Buna Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.43 out of 5 54 reviews
- grade CKountze High School
- Kountze Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.28 out of 5 60 reviews
- grade BLumberton High School
- Lumberton Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 120 reviews
Silsbee High School Reviews
Rating 3.71 out of 5 87 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience was average. I enjoyed the many traditions that the Silsbee High School had to offer to the students. In the future, I would recommend that there should need to be more communication between the school district and the students. Having counselors, principles, teachers, contacting the parents and students about events coming up would be useful. Also, there should be more planning involved with the events and how they are executed. Often times it seemed like, along with no communication to the participants, that there was not much thought put into the finer detail of the plans. For example, this year all the students were required to receive new Chromebooks. The Chromebooks will not be handed out until next week, but the teachers have already assigned assignments online that are to be turned in this week. The teachers seem to not care that some students do not have other sources of completing the assignments at home. There should be more communication around the board.
My experience at Silsbee High School has been fairly good. I am very grateful for the unique programs my school has offered me. I have taken AVID, a college preparation course for four years, and will graduate with an associates degree since I have also taken dual credit college courses through the Early College High School program. The teachers and administrators are very kind, and I feel they genuinely want to make my school the best it can be. If I could change anything, I would shift my school’s focus away from sports, to other deserving areas I feel get no attention. For example, when one of our sports teams accomplishes something, it is posted on all of the school’s social media pages, but when art students place in statewide competitions it goes unrecognized.
I have participated in gifted and talented, honors, AP, advanced classes, varsity choir, played soccer, volleyball, ran track, powerlifted, and took place in many programs and showcases within our district and school. I can honestly say that we have some of the most dedicated academic and sport related criteria in the state.. in my opinion:) The teachers are excellent and do their best to make all four years at silsbee high school as enjoyable as possible. Our sports are mind-blowing, and I enjoyed every single second of it. The 2019-2020 super intendent has brought so much greatness to the table. The students, staff, admin., my teammates and classmates have made Silsbee high school, and Silsbee isd one of the most amazing places to be.