Overall Niche Grade
Sigsbee Charter School is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Key West, FL. It has 545 students in grades K-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Sigsbee Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Sigsbee Charter School Reviews
I've gone here from 5-8th grade, and I will never forget the memories that I've had while learning here. I had some questionable 5th grade teachers, but middle school has been great. The workload is large, and definitely not easy. However, each student comes out of the middle school a better person, and I can't complain about my experience.
Sigsbee Charter was our first choice in Key West for our Daughter, even above our local private schools, so we were absolutely thrilled at her acceptance the Summer before her Kindergarten year. As her first grade year comes to an end, I know that we made the very best decision regarding where she will attend K-8. Sigsbee Charter is a phenomenal school and she is excelling both academically and socially.
This was the first school I went to in Florida and I can say that the teachers would not help me with anything they would walk right past me and help other students. Some of my teachers had made fun of me they called me dumb I went here for 3-6th grade had a few really good teacher but after they left the school turned to crap got bullied so much at this school would not recommend this to be your first school to go to. Most of the students at this school were white kids not a diverse school.