Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Sierra High School is an above average, public school located in Tollhouse, CA. It has 382 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Sierra High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B81 Students
- A29 Students
- A+28 Students
- C27 Students
- B26 Students
- A-20 Students
- A+20 Students
- A20 Students
- A+20 Students
- A-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Sierra High School Reviews
Sierra High School is a relatively small mountain school of about 300 students. The school is of great significance to me because not only did my siblings and cousins, parents, aunts and uncles and grandparents graduate from this school, I am next. It has a great deal of tradition and love and connection to the students and community. Not only do teachers care about our education they care about our development as individuals. The adults and students on this campus have changed my views on how the world works in a positive way and have always pushed me to stand out, and with hard work and heart, success comes along.
Sierra High School had a lot of very understanding staff and a small community that paid attention to the little details. Given that we are a part of a small community the administration watch the children grow up from a young age and love to see them grow into responsible young adults.
Sierra's greatest characteristic is the people. The teachers genuinely care about the students and are often willing to go the extra mile to help committed students. While it may not be academically rigorous, I enjoyed my time there.