Sierra Canyon School Reviews

Great School. Had a really good time here! 111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
The school has a great class sizes , wonderful and well educated teachers. More diverse then most private schools.
The changes that need to be made are more financial assistance to families that are not as well of as most of the parents there . And more mo way spent on all the spirts at Sierra canyon. Not just football and basketball
Class sizes were small and the teachers seemed like they really wanted to be there. The campus is beautiful and very new. There are only around 400 students and I really liked that “small school” atmosphere. We also had a really great basketball team which made going to the games really fun.
Start Your Review of Sierra Canyon School
I have been at Sierra Canyon School my whole life and I wouldn't change a thing. Sierra Canyon has provided me with the opportunity to experience things I wouldn't have access to otherwise. From being able to play in a high school eSports team with the newly built technology center to giving kids the capability to do experiential learning overseas in places such as England, Spain, France, and many other places, Sierra has always been able to fit my needs and many students need to drive their ambition.
It must be said that the school has asked parents recently to review the school on niche. Athletics take priority over all, leading to underfunding over other portions of the school. Every teacher i have had has been fantastic. When you are at Sierra Canyon you feel like a commodity, an investment by the school and based on how much money you generate, you get special treatment. If you have the money or you generate the money for the school, you can get away with a lot, and I've seen plenty of expellable offenses be swept under the rug after a large donation or simple due to the stardom of the kid. If you watch an assembly you would understand that their is little to no school spirit. What this school is good at is getting you into good colleges. Come for the results the school can bring, spend the time to use the resources that are available, even if you have to scavenge for them, and dont expect to enjoy doing it.
The school is great academically and sports wise. The teachers are mostly masters and PhD who are available and helpful.
Sierra Canyon has given me a lot of educational opportunities, especially in the math department (which is the field I intend to study in college). However, I think the population at the school is larger than the campus can accommodate, there is not adequate space for both the theater group and Dance Team to practice in at the same time, and the lunch periods are way too short. Yes, there is a lot of room for improvement, but my overall experience at Sierra has been very positive.
After relocating to CA, we were most impressed with SC as it provided the most comprehensive education. We felt that their approach to education was the most aligned in honing key life and morale character skills needed for one to succeed. Unfortunately, others focused solely on academics. Additionally, unlike one of the most reputable schools in LA, SC didn't make the parents go through a separate interview which we found insulting given our educational and professional credentials. As a result, our daughter turned down this other offer and happily enrolled at SC.
I like how it really is like a big family at Sierra Canyon, because the students, faculty, and alumni are really close with each other. I know that at any time I could reach out to any teachers, even if I don't have a class with them, and they would help me with any problem I have. I know virtually every student on campus, which only enhances my experience as a student because I am friends with people in different grade levels. The supportive environment ensures that all Sierra Canyon students will thrive in both high school and their future.
I have attended Sierra Canyon School for 14 years. I am what they call a "lifer". Through my years here, I have met teachers that truly care about their students, made lifelong friendships, and wonderful college counselors that are guiding m,e through the application process.
I am a current student and I could not love Sierra Canyon more! Throughout my nine years spent here, I have made friends and memories to last a lifetime. I'm so grateful for the role Sierra Canyon has played in my life!
I've been at Sierra Canyon since Kindergarten. The community is very welcoming and the campus is modern.
Terrible school for academics. All the teachers expect the students to know everything when the student hasn’t been taught what they’re expected to know. Teachers think they’re so great but in reality they’re not. They don’t care about kids who have adhd,add,ect.
Sierra Canyon is an excellent school. They have a great academic program with many different options to study. My only opposition is that it's extremely expensive and gives athletes special privileges.
My daughter is a recent graduate in the class of 2019. She would not have gotten into such a selective university if it were not for the guidance, curricular program offerings--particularly in architecture and art, and classroom instruction that she received from all of her teachers and coaches. She has thrived and I couldn't be more proud and pleased. She is more than ready for her next chapter at college.
My daughter has never been happier in school - both socially and academically - than she has been at Sierra Canyon. The administration is excellent, the teachers are wonderful, and the school is extremely well-run. They have found the perfect balance of a superior academic education while still focusing on the whole child.
Sierra Canyon School is the best school. My son has been attending the school since second grade and can honestly say that the school, administration, education, and curriculum are unbeatable. The lower school EK-6th grade provides a great nurturing yet independence building atmosphere. The upper school 7th-12th grade has a great feel, almost like a pre-college vibe. This school will definitely prepare any student for college life. Also, the Sierra Canyon Community is amazing.
Start Your Review of Sierra Canyon School
The most wonderful school in LA! The students are curious and well behaved, and the teachers really care about educating our children.
Our first year at Sierra Canyon lower school has been an amazing experience. The administration, faculty and staff are kind and helpful. They work hard to insure that every student feels apart of the Sierra family. The 5th grade team of teachers were awesome at communicating the entire year long. I highly recommend this school to any family looking for a new school for their child.
Both my daughters (going into 2nd and 1st) absolutely love Sierra Canyon. They are so in love with their teachers and have made the most amazing friends. As a parent I enjoy the openness of the campus and the amazingly open and helpful staff and teachers. I couldn't imagine being apart of a better community. I highly recommend taking a tour with Dina!