Sidwell Friends School Reviews

The most overrated school on this list. I swear they are not that much different than Maret or St Albans. The only reason that they are ranked so high is that the presidents kids go here.
Incredible school both academically and socially. It is such an accepting community and an easy place to flourish.
A caring, nurturing and humble lower school. Parent involvement happens organically and the school has a strong sense of community. Children gain a strong academic foundation while instilling a sense of social responsibility. The student body is made up of very bright minds who are there to be challenged and the school meets them at their level.
Start Your Review of Sidwell Friends School
Sidwell Friends School has been an amazing place to foster my intellectual growth. Sidwell is a Quaker school and Quaker values (especially community and integrity) are very present within the school environment. Students are very involved in the school community and participate in various activities including club, plays, athletics, orchestra, chorus, and jazz. Teachers are always available to help and foster students that are sensible, compassionate and bright. At Sidwell I have been surrounded by students that genuinely care about whats going on the world around them, want to change the world, and are using their education to do so.
Sidwell has terrible sports, and the teachers don’t understand boys. They say they have diversity, but politically it is not. The teachers do care and the food is excellent, but the place definitely doesn’t suit a boy.
Very warm and welcoming community. Very liberal, it could be pretty hard being a conservative at this school. Facilities are better than some college facilities (state of the art athletic center and arts building). Could use more socioeconomic diversity. Classes are definitely hard, and teachers expect a lot out of you. There are however plenty of resources available to students, and many opportunities that students at other schools may not have (i.e., a middle school spring break trip to the grand tetons or to China).
Although Sidwell is extremely academically challenging, Sidwell has truly made me interested numerous subjects. Sidwell's teachers not only provide constant support, but they also stay in touch with students after graduation. Sidwell's numerous clubs are spread subjects, such as newspaper, satirical newspaper, Latin American Society, Best Buddies, Eco club, Women in Engineering, Female Empowerment club, Black Student Union, GLBTQ+, outing club, investment club, brain club, astronomy club, robotics, debate, Model UN, and so many more clubs.
Sidwell Friends School challenged me both academically and socially. The teachers and staff was very supportive and provided all the tools to ensure that I became college ready.
I had a wonderful experience at Sidwell. I was surrounded by peers of all sorts of backgrounds- economical, racial, sexual orientation, and religion! There I was able to understand who I wanted to be and what I wanted to represent. The school was also extremely supportive of everything and anything students did with criticisms on the school and society as a whole. I really do appreciate everything the school has done and given me.
Sidwell is only for kids in a select gene pool. The students are snobbish and disrespectful. However, the teachers are generally nice and understanding.
I loved Sidwell. It prepared me well for college and provided me with lifelong friends. The teachers were understanding and supportive.
Sidwell Friends School is an excellent place to go no matter what kind of student you are. Whether your interested in STEM, Theater, Sports, Humanities, or Computer Science, there is a niche of people ready to help you on your way. They provide a space for you to foster your passion and you can always find faculty or administration willing to delve into your passion. Sidwell especially in middle school has a lot of resources that are available to use. In Upper School they are still there but you have to be willing to dig deeper to find these amazing opportunities.
I went in with extremely high expectations but was misled by the thrill of going to "the school to be at". For some of my friends Sidwell was a great choice because it is a good school, just make sure you know if it's right for you or not because if its not the right environment you have a tough year ahead.
I arrived at Sidwell Friends in third grade. It was terrifying, obviously, since I was changing schools and all. But I'm glad I did. My parents had decided that Sidwell had much better education available, and they were right. At first I struggled; I wasn't used to competitiveness. Eventually, I caught on, and as a sophomore today I can definitively say I'm doing far better. My grades aren't spectacular, but I feel like I've learned a lot. I've experienced so much joy and wonder at Sidwell, and while I may not have seen it all at this school, I certainly feel as though I've seen quite a bit.
VERY SAFE AND BEST SAFETY!
Best School in America! Quaker School and peace time before school starts! HIGH ACADEMICS AND NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED
WORLD'S BEST SCHOOL AND NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED! GOT INTO HARVARD BECAUSE OF THIS!
Start Your Review of Sidwell Friends School
We have an honor/points discipline system which is honestly the "lesser of two evils" when compared to the detention system at other institutions. We have an 8 point limit each quarter, and that is very generous. But, if you do surpass those 8 points, the school is still very lenient with the punishment. Instead of detention, you get LOP'ed (Loss of Privileges), which means attending study hall during your free periods and you can't leave the campus during the day for things like lunch, if you wanted to.
There are lots of different extracurricular activities, clubs and organizations for all types of interests. Some examples are, the many cultural groups like the Black Student Union, Latin American Society, and the Asian Student Association. Other examples are the math club, the robotics club, the outing club and theatre.

Almost every sport is offered. And if you don't want to play a sport, there is a variety of P.E. classes as well.
My school has a great admissions process, but it very selective and expensive so many students of color do not get chosen over the more privileged white students. I suggest that they focus on diversity more, instead of money.