Sidney High School is an above average, public school located in Sidney, NY. It has 314 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Sidney High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C24 Students
- A-21 Students
- B17 Students
- A-13 Students
- A-13 Students
- A+11 Students
- C+11 Students
- B-10 Students
- A+10 Students
- A10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Sidney High School
- B-Oxford Academy High School
- Oxford Academy and Central School District, NY
- 31 reviews
- B-Bainbridge-Guilford High School
- Bainbridge-Guilford Central School District, NY
- 48 reviews
- B-Unatego Junior/Senior High School
- Otego-Unadilla Central School District, NY
- 17 reviews
- C+Harpursville Junior/Senior High School
- Harpursville Central School District, NY
- 96 reviews
Sidney High School Reviews
The school itself is nice, the teachers are good for the most part. But, the administration is horrible!
Because of the constant changing of the system and time phrames, its very difficult to get one on one time with teachers for help. Many teachers often blame the students, rather than their teaching skills and are very close minded sometimes. There is quite a variety of available technology for students and it does help education wise. Many teachers fail to put grades into the system for an amount of time. It can get very frustrating.
There are many different clubs for students to join including Spanish club, FFA, drama club, interact club, art club, etc. Every club has their own way of making money so students have more opportunities to do different things. For example, Spanish club makes their money by selling carnations for Valentine's Day and they also sell chicken at the end of January and drama club makes money by selling tickets for their big play that they have for either two or three days in a row in the beginning of March.