Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Sidney High School is an above average, public school located in Sidney, IA. It has 263 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+30 Students
- A24 Students
- A21 Students
- B19 Students
- B18 Students
- B-16 Students
- C+13 Students
- A-11 Students
- A-11 Students
- B+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Sidney High School Reviews
This is a fairly average school. It has a nice building and some very nice teachers who often times really know what they are doing. There is a decent diversity to the school, and resources are in good shape. However, the grading system is scewed so the 96% is the first time you get an A. This is highly discouraging to many students. Many believe they can't make it in college because they can't get an A in high school, with only a 4% area to meet an A. Most colleges offer 60% as passing in some classes. This is a hefty fail at Sidney high. If anything could be changed, it would be the grading scale. Also, getting someone to help with the "arts" (band, choir, drama, art, etc). We only have two people for about six fields and they are stretched thin.
At Sidney High School, you will find many kids from different schools. Most of these kids came from somewhere else because of Sidney's academics. Sidney has one of the toughest grading scales in the district, but also some of the most caring teachers too. I can personally tell you that a lot of our teachers don't pack up at 3:22 when the bell rings. I've seen teachers leaving at 5,6, or even 7 o'clock. My first year here was my seventh grade year. When I walked in, instantly a senior was high-fiving me and showed me around to my classes. Our principal is also very friendly. He loves to chit chat with the kids and see how they're doing. Other than the food here, Sidney is the best place to be! (The food isn't that bad, our school just follows the guidelines for healthy school lunch.)
Great school, great teachers, improved facilities. Plenty of opportunity to grow and receive a great education.