Shrewsbury Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Shrewsbury, MA. It has 1,668 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Shrewsbury Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A283 Students
- A+166 Students
- A+160 Students
- A124 Students
- A+113 Students
- B99 Students
- A-93 Students
- A+82 Students
- A+81 Students
- B+75 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Schools like Shrewsbury Senior High School
- A+Westborough High School
- Westborough Public Schools, MA
- 181 reviews
- ANipmuc Regional High School
- Mendon-Upton Regional School District, MA
- 74 reviews
- A+Algonquin Regional High School
- Public School
- Northborough, MA
- 194 reviews
- A-Auburn Senior High School
- Auburn Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 70 reviews
Shrewsbury Senior High School Reviews
I had an amazing time at Shrewsbury High! The staff, programs, classes, college preparation courses, and security definitely met my standards of what I expected to achieve in high school. It is very beautiful, very clean. The school also had a courtyard for senior students to sit outside, eat lunch and socialize, or simply do coursework. Most important, each student is assigned an advisor when a freshman. The benefit is how they help you cruise through the college-planning process so they ensure you become successful by getting into the college that you want and what you should do to achieve that goal. There are more benefits, but I can't name them all. For any upcoming freshman, I would recommend enrolling to Shrewsbury High!
The school cares more about building another brand new, unnecessary turf field than care about funding the music and arts programs. Jocks are whiny even though they get all of the privileges. However, in my experience the teachers have been very considerate and talented and because of that I feel prepared for college. The teachers I have had are so underappreciated and they deserve more than “oh sports are prioritized over you and academics”. Sports are all fine and good, but at the end of the day you should be going to school to learn and academics should always come first. The fries are absolutely amazing but I recommend not eating too many of them before last period, because I always fall asleep in class when I do. The administration needs some serious work—a kid in my grade sexually harassed me and the administration just brushed it off as if nothing really happened. The school does offer a wide variety of clubs and they’re all extremely well orchestrated.
Shrewsbury High School offers a diverse learning enviornment which allows students to grow, learn, and build skills for their future. Throughout my years at SHS, I have felt that I was attending school at an extremely accepting and open minded facility. My teachers allowed me to express myself, but they also pushed me to my limits, helping me be a better person. Shrewsbury High promotes community involvement throughout each year in high school, which leads to a large amount of students becoming involved in Shrewsbury and surrounding towns. Building strong habits and connections through volunteer work has helped me and others immensely when getting ready for college and beyond.