Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Shrewsbury Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Shrewsbury, MA. It has 1,835 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Shrewsbury Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A433 Students
- A+275 Students
- A+239 Students
- A186 Students
- A+173 Students
- B143 Students
- A+142 Students
- B+141 Students
- B+124 Students
- A+115 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Schools like Shrewsbury Senior High School
- A+Westborough High School
- Westborough Public Schools, MA
- 206 reviews
- ANipmuc Regional High School
- Mendon-Upton Regional School District, MA
- 93 reviews
- A+Algonquin Regional High School
- Public School
- Northborough, MA
- 221 reviews
- B+Auburn Senior High School
- Auburn Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 82 reviews
Shrewsbury Senior High School Reviews
I love Shrewsbury High because of the many opportunities to get involved and the caring and helpful staff. Our administration truly cares for the students and there are many amazing teachers. There are so many sports and clubs to get involved in, which I believe is a huge part of high school. Shrewsbury is a particularly challenging school compared to other high schools in the area, and the majority of students are expected to succeed and go to college after graduation. I find this expectation makes me want to work hard and achieve what I can, and my guidance counselors are very supportive of any decision I make after high school. Shrewsbury is full of opportunities and you can really make the best out of the high school!
It’s really a typically suburban highschool, but with great social opportunities from events, school morale competitions, clubs, and sports! We have a plethora of resources and money to spend on field trips (foreign language students can go abroad, except for Latin students), computers (iPads are loaned to all students), clubs, sports, and facilities. However, I think the culture of the school, the drugs, and unenthusiasm is a big negative. It’s an awesome experience though, I’ve grown a lot and made a lot of friends!
Shrewsbury High was an amazing experience! The education I received thoroughly prepared me for college. I enjoyed playing on the sports teams, the community the school has, and all the friends that I made going back to elementary school, middle school and high school in the Shrewsbury public school system. The administration and school counselors prepare you for college with many resources that support students and their families.