Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade D
Show Low High School is an above average, public school located in Show Low, AZ. It has 767 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Show Low High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B205 Students
- grade A192 Students
- grade A minus176 Students
- grade B minus114 Students
- grade B97 Students
- grade B+64 Students
- grade A+61 Students
- grade B minus55 Students
- grade B43 Students
- grade B35 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responses
- Sports Events29%
- Dairy Queen after games17%
- Musical events17%
- Fight Song14%
- Pep rallies3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$7,603 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 24 responses
Show Low High School Reviews
Rating 3.66 out of 5 178 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Somethings I really loved about Show Low High School was how helpful they were during the whole Covid situation and how they were even doing free breakfast and lunch because some kids couldn’t afford it. There was also the factor of strict discipline. Somethings that were also good is how well the counselors made our schedules and took the time to meet with kids to make sure they are doing good and are all set to graduate. Show Low High School is like a big family that I will forever be proud to be a part of. I have no complaints other than maybe not letting as many things slide in the disciplinary actions, but other than that I loved high school there it was so much fun and I learned so much!
Show Low is a great place. It is small but lot of great people and students. There is not a ton of sport options but the sports they do have are pretty good. The musical department is pretty good and there is a lot of good opportunities for students who want to get involved in showbiz. Good classes and teachers. It is in a very safe town and environment. There is a lot of reasons I love Show Low and the people and students is one of them! They are very kind and willing to help. It is not a perfect town but there are a lot of good people and Show Low high, I feel, proves that.
Show Low High School is a great school. They have great opportunities for everyone. They offer a free dual enrollment program with NPC which gives you the option to do college classes while in high school. They also have a navit program where they partnered with NPC to allow students to work towards their career goals while still in high school. They have things like welding, nursing, medical assistant and many more. The teachers there are very caring and helping. The principal is very involved and interested in the students and their success. Over all I am very happy to have gone to Show Low and graduate from there.