Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Shoshone High School is a public school located in Shoshone, ID. It has 134 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Shoshone High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B54 Students
- B47 Students
- A-47 Students
- B-45 Students
- B-30 Students
- B+24 Students
- B16 Students
- A16 Students
- A+14 Students
- C13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Shoshone High School
- CGooding High School
- Gooding Joint School District, ID
- 74 reviews
- CJerome High School
- Jerome Joint School District, ID
- 138 reviews
- NGIdaho School for the Deaf & the Blind
- Public School
- Gooding, ID
- PK, K-12
- 4 reviews
- B-Dietrich School
- Dietrich School District, ID
- PK, K-12
- 11 reviews
Shoshone High School Reviews
After spending all four years of high school here, I can say that many of the teachers in Shoshone are only in it for the salary. Some of them are doing it for the kids, but a lot of them are very average. I would like to see more hands on opportunities and outdoor activities. More funding for classes like small engine repair, welding, and carpentry would be amazing.
Personally, I had a fairly good experience at Shoshone High School. I would like to see more preparation within the school for college and life as an adult. It would also be nice to see more resources and help offered to students. Good school overall, but there's room for improvement.
What I like about Shoshone High School is the fact that I've grow up in it. Even though the school is a small one, everyone tries to do as much as they can to get involve. Something I would change about my experience at Shoshone High School is that I would of joined more clubs as a freshman.