COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We are currently welcoming students back to the Shortridge Academy campus while adhering closely to protocols that are being relaxed per the guidance and recommendations of the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services and the Center for Disease Control. We are also offering virtual registration and online academics and therapeutic support via our online program.
Shortridge Academy is a private New England therapeutic boarding school for grades 9-12 emphasizing challenging yet supportive college prep academics on a 350-acre campus with an average of 50 students on campus throughout the year. Operating year-round, we offer rolling admissions with a minimum commitment of one academic semester (two terms) on campus. Many families, however, opt to enroll for an academic year or longer. We are located in southeastern New Hampshire, with close proximity to both the seacoast and the mountains. This idyllic setting provides a tranquil and more “normalized” experience for our students as they develop critical strengths for their futures. Shaped by the defining features of authoritative parenting, Shortridge fosters collaboration within boundaries and offers students “a seat at the table” on individual and community-wide topics. Student inclusion, in part, is what makes Shortridge unique.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-5 Students
- A-4 Students
- A-3 Students
- B-3 Students
- A+3 Students
- A+2 Students
- A+2 Students
- B+2 Students
- A2 Students
- A-2 Students
Learning Support Overview
Our Center for Learning and Cognitive Enhancement (LC) provides students with an additional layer of academic support to aid in their success at Shortridge and beyond. The LC offers both comprehensive learning support services and cognitive enhancement programs.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses