Shorewood High School is a highly rated, public school located in Shoreline, WA. It has 1,629 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Shorewood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+492 Students
- B+260 Students
- A200 Students
- B+179 Students
- B119 Students
- A-102 Students
- A+97 Students
- B96 Students
- A-86 Students
- B79 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.47 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.47 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.69 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.72 responses
Schools like Shorewood High School
- AShorecrest High School
- Shoreline School District, WA
- 335 reviews
- ASammamish Senior High School
- Bellevue School District, WA
- 182 reviews
- AEdmonds Woodway High School
- Edmonds School District, WA
- 292 reviews
- A-Henry M. Jackson High School
- Everett School District, WA
- 492 reviews
Shorewood High School Reviews
I have always enjoyed school, but I had a really great experience at Shorewood! There are lots of extracurricular and athletic opportunities, high quality music programs, and an involved student leadership program. The teachers and staff are very supportive and determined to help students succeed. I personally was very involved in band and drama, and had a great time expanding my skills in both of those activities. If there are any changes I would like to see, they would be more recognition for programs in the arts and robotics (as opposed to strictly sports). We have so many accomplished students in band, orchestra, choir, and visual arts who simply don't get enough recognition at school.
Shorewood High School on the surface is a very good school for high school academics and readying students for after-high school experiences. It provides many unique and interesting classes, usually with a good curriculum. It is a well funded school, and it has a large variety of sports, artistic programs, and clubs. I'd like to note the excellent after high school preparation for college. However, despite the positives, Shorewood lacks in many areas. There's a lack of care for the students and their personal well beings. For example, the counselors say you can go to them general help and advice, but only give you academic recommendations and needs. Many of the teachers are good, but there is serious lack of care for the students, but instead for the grades they get. And some teachers don't understand personal bondaries, which gets very uncomfortable. It is a good school, there's no denying that, but Shorewood needs to improve it's involvement with students personally.
I really liked that Shorewood was a place where a drama student, robotics competitor, hip hop dancer or cross country athlete could all be part of a huge community that encourages them to follow their passion. I did feel however that the actual school campus and its halls had little to reflect this and needed more school spirit!