Shorewood High School is a highly rated, public school located in Shoreline, WA. It has 1,612 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Shorewood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+545 Students
- B+288 Students
- A227 Students
- A-199 Students
- B-128 Students
- B+118 Students
- B+110 Students
- A+109 Students
- A-99 Students
- B-91 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.51 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.51 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 171 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.73 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.76 responses
Schools like Shorewood High School
- AShorecrest High School
- Shoreline School District, WA
- 344 reviews
- ASammamish Senior High School
- Bellevue School District, WA
- 200 reviews
- AEdmonds Woodway High School
- Edmonds School District, WA
- 313 reviews
- A-Henry M. Jackson High School
- Everett School District, WA
- 533 reviews
Shorewood High School Reviews
If you are thinking about going to college, this is a great school to go to! It has a variety of AP courses and other options to earn college credit before you graduate. The Career Center staff is very good at arranging college visits and checking up on your plans. If you aren't thinking about college, this school has other options for you, such as auto technology class and other career oriented classed, however there definitely is a real push for students to attend college. Most of the teachers are really amazing and try to get to know their students, with a few exceptions. There are a large variety of clubs that a lot of students join varing from STEM related clubs to religious clubs to political clubs and fun activity clubs. The sports however are decent but not exceptional.
My children all attended this school and each had great experiences and were well prepared for college. We found caring administrators and teachers who loved their jobs, were good at their jobs, and knew how to reach each child and help them reach their potential. I had my kids in private school prior to high school, and I spent much of my childhood in private schools, but I have been more impressed with Shorewood High than I have been with any of the private schools we have experienced. At Shorewood my kids are getting a great education, and being exposed to a variety of people from differing backgrounds. They are better prepared for adulthood, college, and life as a result of the four years they have spent (or are spending) at Shorewood. I would recommend this school to any parent of any child. Over any private school in the area.
Overall, love the school. There is a great support of system of teachers and staff who want you to succeed. Although it's not very diverse the school makes a huge effort to promote equity and awareness. Overall, I enjoy going to school every day and am proud to be a thunderbird!