Shoreham-Wading River High School is a highly rated, public school located in Shoreham, NY. It has 822 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
250a Rt 25a
Shoreham, NY 11786
Work Here? Claim Your School
Shoreham-Wading River High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-66 Students
- A-60 Students
- C42 Students
- B39 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+36 Students
- B+35 Students
- A+32 Students
- B32 Students
- A-31 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Shoreham-Wading River High School
- B+Miller Place High School
- Miller Place Union Free School District, NY
- 156 reviews
- BEastport-South Manor Junior/Senior High School
- Eastport-South Manor Central School District, NY
- 220 reviews
- ABayport-Blue Point High School
- Bayport-Blue Point Union Free School District, NY
- 89 reviews
- ASmithtown High School East
- Smithtown Central School District, NY
- 200 reviews
Shoreham-Wading River High School Reviews
Shoreham-Wading River offers a wide variety of classes for its size, including multiple fine arts classes, technology and computer sciences, as well as business oriented classes. These help to accommodate students whose academic interests do not fit into the standard STEM and language pathways of academia. The school needs improvement in many ways, including taking better care of students with personal non-academic issues, but the new administration is making strides for so many changes.
Overall, there are teachers who really care about their students and are amazing at their fields of study. But on the other hand, there are some teachers who aren't up to par. The clubs are amazing and all of the people in them are super friendly and the teachers make it a good time.
SWR High School was a great place to go to high school. I was very fortunate to have a great group of friends, teachers, and coaches. The School is now Capstone, offering more challenging classes for those who want a better academic involvement. The athletics are great. We are very competitive in almost every sport. The clubs are great and increasing in number. Overall awesome experience!!