Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Shorecrest High School is a highly rated, public school located in Shoreline, WA. It has 1,488 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Shorecrest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A474 Students
- B+296 Students
- A-197 Students
- B+160 Students
- B145 Students
- B-121 Students
- B+101 Students
- B-99 Students
- A-85 Students
- A-85 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Schools like Shorecrest High School
- AShorewood High School
- Shoreline School District, WA
- 453 reviews
- BCascade High School
- Everett School District, WA
- 312 reviews
- AEdmonds Woodway High School
- Edmonds School District, WA
- 336 reviews
- A+Sammamish Senior High School
- Bellevue School District, WA
- 219 reviews
Shorecrest High School Reviews
Shorecrest offered every opportunity I could expect a high school could offer its students, from athletics to arts and theater to a variety of clubs, honors classes and AP courses offered. They have a cast of caring, capable staff, a career and college center devoted to providing students with resources for high school and beyond, and a technology office for troubleshooting students’ personal chromebook laptops. On top of this, Shorecrest has a beautiful, newly-renovated and spacious campus, with a great view of the mountains from the upper floors. Truly, there’s not much more I could ask for from a high school.
Shorecrest was a very involved with school with lots of people who cared about student success. The school culture was pretty good, and if I had cared to be more outgoing I could have easily connected with people outside of my niche. There really isn't a 'popular' kid dynamic going on, although some kids could be considered popular, mostly people just gel with whoever they gel with and circles intertwine pretty regularly. The opportunities that I was able to have in the performing arts department were outstanding and have caused me to decide to pursue a BFA in theatre after high school. Another aspect people like about Shorecrest is the really hammed up assemblies. If you like the hype train style assembly culture... Shorecrest has it. Finally, Shorecrest just has the best social studies department. They range from a scale of 'pretty good' to 'AmAzInG!'
My high school experience has been great. The school is a fairly new, beautiful building. The students are a diverse group of students who have awesome school spirit. The teachers are passionate about their students and want us to succeed in whatever we choose to do. The Special Education/IEP department teachers are a great resource for its students and help their students achieve goals set, are available for students and encourage students to do their very best. My overall experience so far at Shorecrest High School is good and I hope to have a great Junior and Senior years.