Shorecrest High School is a highly rated, public school located in Shoreline, WA. It has 1,409 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Shorecrest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+431 Students
- B+275 Students
- A177 Students
- A-154 Students
- B+133 Students
- B-107 Students
- B+96 Students
- B-88 Students
- A-83 Students
- A-75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Schools like Shorecrest High School
- AShorewood High School
- Shoreline School District, WA
- 439 reviews
- B+Cascade High School
- Everett School District, WA
- 280 reviews
- AEdmonds Woodway High School
- Edmonds School District, WA
- 312 reviews
- ASammamish Senior High School
- Bellevue School District, WA
- 200 reviews
Shorecrest High School Reviews
I am a senior at Shorecrest, I've been here for 4 years! It is a welcoming school with engaging teachers and a great music/theater program. They really try to build a community with homerooms, assemblies and a focus on school spirit. Academics are good, though it can depend on what teacher you get some are better than others.
I transferred into Shorecrest in my sophomore year, in order to take advantage of my public education. I had been attending a different school with weak academics and a toxic culture, when a friend referred me to Shorecrest Highschool. I was told that the academics were held to a national standard and the culture propagated a friendly, diverse, and motivating environment. After a few weeks at Shorecrest, I was relieved to find I had made the right decision. After 3 years of schooling at Shorecrest I have come to make strong relationships with my peers and teachers, have made it to state for athletics, and joined various clubs and programs. Shorcrest is a great school.
Shorecrest is a public high school in Shoreline Washington. Although both the math and science departments are severely lacking the History and English departments make up for it. In almost every grade there will be two different sets of teachers for each subject, everyone says that one teacher is the best if you actually want to learn or do well on a test and that the other teacher (although nice) is a bit lacking in the actual teaching portion of a class. But as long as you are committed to the class and to learning it really doesn't matter much what teacher you get. Shorecrest is a very leadership focused school, meaning that if you're in leadership you are also a part of everything else. The arts also play a large part in the school environment with an entire building dedicated to award winning visual artists, both in theater and in drawing and painting . Shorecrest is a good school with good people and the only truly bad thing about is the stairs.