Shore Regional High School is an above average, public school located in West Long Branch, NJ. It has 629 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Shore Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A86 Students
- B58 Students
- A56 Students
- A-53 Students
- C+37 Students
- A+37 Students
- B34 Students
- A-24 Students
- A23 Students
- A23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Shore Regional High School
- A-Wall High School
- Wall Township Public School District, NJ
- 70 reviews
- A-Point Pleasant Borough High School
- Point Pleasant Borough School District, NJ
- 208 reviews
- A-Middletown High School South
- Middletown Township Public School District, NJ
- 223 reviews
- A-Manasquan High School
- Manasquan School District, NJ
- 180 reviews
Shore Regional High School Reviews
Shore Regional High School is a perfect example of a diverse and welcoming institution. The first day of school freshman year, I walked in and instantly felt a sense of community. With several different clubs and organizations there are endless opportunities for students to get involved. One in particular that stood out to me was the Rotary Interact Club. This activity enables all students access to volunteer opportunities and resources to reach out to different charities. This club truly allows students like myself to thrive and build a sense of leadership. Shore Regional's clubs like Interact offer an opportunity for students to not only help those in need but make a difference in the community.
Overall, Shore Regional provided a very good high school experience. It got better as the years progressed. As I didn't have a positive experience with the Freshman Football program, sports were not part of high school life. Also, as a classified (504) student, lots of extra-curricular activities were not in the picture - difficult enough to handle the course requirements. The band was my cultural experience and I believe deserves a lot more support. My guidance counselor was great as well - supportive and understanding. For friends who didn't struggle as much with their academics, Shore offered a really competitive and recognized athletic program and plenty of clubs and activities. Even though I was not as involved as I would've liked to have been, I will always be a Blue Devil at heart. I know I received a very good overall education and high school experience at Shore.
After graduating from Shore Regional High School I can fully say that I thought that I not only think that the school has prepared me for the future academically but also socially. The format of some of the classes such as AP courses prepare students for the college format, the diversity of the clubs allows for anyone to find something they're interested in, and there are plenty of events that happens during the year the breaks up the monotony of the average high school work cycle. The teachers and other staff are all very competent at their jobs and care for their students success; I have personally seen teachers go out of their way to help students that are struggling just for them to rebound and be some of the more successful students within the school. I have never felt a day that I was in danger walking into Shore Regional, and this is because of the overall feeling of security and because of the work done by the security team who helps make thins run smoothly.