Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Shiocton High School is an above average, public school located in Shiocton, WI. It has 210 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Shiocton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-11 Students
- B11 Students
- A+10 Students
- B7 Students
- B6 Students
- A-5 Students
- B+5 Students
- A-5 Students
- B+4 Students
- B4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Shiocton High School
- BLittle Wolf Junior/Senior High School
- Manawa School District, WI
- 12 reviews
- C+Seymour High School
- Seymour Community School District, WI
- 64 reviews
- B-Clintonville High School
- Clintonville School District, WI
- 61 reviews
- BLittle Chute High School
- Little Chute Area School District, WI
- 52 reviews
Shiocton High School Reviews
Good teachers for the most part. Some are especially hard on kids early into their high school years. Not too many class opportunities on campus. They do offer online classes through other schools and online college classes for dual credits. Overall good atmosphere although they do not always like to take student recommendations about changes to make. They have very limited school funded clubs. When given suggestions for more, they did not want them.
I personally enjoy Shiocton very much. They have a lot of good stuff to offer with the academic choices between upper level classes taught there or college classes taught by college professors paid for by the district. There also are a lot of sports, extra curricular activities, and clubs offered as well. Personally, I play softball, basketball, and volleyball while also taking multiple college classes, and the staff have made sure I can manage the work load while still bettering my education. They also are there to help me when I need it. If there was one thing I could change, however, I would change the strict rules for homecoming, so kids wouldn't feel the need to go out and wreck things because the school's rules. In years to come, they have already planned on fixing this issue, so the kids and the community are happy all at the same time.
My overall experience at my high school was great. Homework never piled on at one time. The small class sizes ensure that every student understands and can demonstrate the material through a varity of different ways.