Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Sherwood High School is an above average, public school located in Creighton, MO. It has 240 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Sherwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B42 Students
- B30 Students
- A-27 Students
- B21 Students
- B+17 Students
- C+16 Students
- A-13 Students
- C12 Students
- B10 Students
- C10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Sherwood High School
- BAdrian R-III Middle/High School
- Adrian R-III School District, MO
- 21 reviews
- C+Harrisonville High School
- Harrisonville R-IX School District, MO
- 91 reviews
- B-Archie High School
- Archie R-V School District, MO
- 8 reviews
- B-Holden High School
- Holden R-III School District, MO
- 66 reviews
Sherwood High School Reviews
At Sherwood, the ratio of students to teachers is low, which allows for a better, more personal learning experience. A variety of courses are offered to high school students to accommodate for a plethora of career options and to prepare them, not only for college education, but living as an adult in the modern world as well. Along with classes, students are able to participate in many different extracurricular activities, from Chess Club to the National Honors Society. In the classroom, you will find friendly and knowledgeable teachers who will go to great lengths to provide you with an academic adventure that is fun and educational.
I feel extremely safe at my school, because when my school had a fire they followed the guidelines and got us all out safely the first time. They didn't have to go back in to get anyone out, because everyone was safe. Bullying is taken very seriously. Their goal is to sit down with multiple witnesses to get the complete story, before actually accusing someone, and punishing them. Which is good, because someone can be told on, for doing absolutely nothing and get punished for it. That's obviously not right, so I really like my school's system. My school requires one whole year of physical education, and everyone is encouraged to join a sport for further exercise opportunities. The school nurse is very kind, and thorough on checking to make sure what the problem is.
I enjoyed the community style that this school has to offer. You know everyone and everyone knows you. We might not be diverse but we welcome anyone with smiles and open arms. The one thing I would like see change is the outdated systems and old boring 20th century classrooms.