Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A+
Sherwood Charter School is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Sherwood, OR. It has 206 students in grades K-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Sherwood Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 3 responses
Schools like Sherwood Charter School
- grade A minusMITCH Charter School
- Tigard-Tualatin School District, OR
- Rating 3.96 out of 5 28 reviews
- grade AThree Rivers Charter School
- West Linn-Wilsonville School District, OR
- Rating 4 out of 5 2 reviews
- grade AArco Iris Spanish Immersion School
- Beaverton School District, OR
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 13 reviews
- grade C+City View Charter School
- Hillsboro School District, OR
Sherwood Charter School Reviews
Rating 3.5 out of 5 14 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
This school is extraordinary! Love the teachers and staff! Very creative, hands on curriculum! Each class goes on at least 6 field trips a year to make learning come alive. The teachers are well-planned and organized with outstanding classroom management. The team is very dedicated to every single student and the school has a family feel. The students leave very prepared for high school feeling confident about their abilities.
Sherwood Charter School is a small, but mighty K-8 Charter School. Compared to other public schools, class sizes are small with a cap of 25 students. There are seven field trips per year in elementary school and three in middle school. Teachers are exceptional, pouring their hearts into SCS students. Families are lucky to have such caring educators and staff taking care of their children. This school sets high standards, helps students become independent, asking questions for themselves, and helps them grow in a safe environment. This school isn't for everyone, however. Students are pushed to work hard, be kind to others, and develop open minds. The rigorous nature of this school is not suited for all families. If you're looking for a change from the typical public school, go on a tour of SCS.
This school is a little hidden gem. The teachers are wonderful and caring, often going the extra mile (especially with distance learning). The class sizes are small with capping off at 25 students per grade. They just get better and better every year!