Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Sherman High School is an above average, public school located in Sherman, TX. It has 1,884 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Sherman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-169 Students
- A+154 Students
- B+148 Students
- A+135 Students
- A103 Students
- B+102 Students
- A-93 Students
- B+89 Students
- B+75 Students
- A-61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 61 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Sherman High School
- C+Colbert High School
- Colbert Public Schools, OK
- 31 reviews
- BHowe High School
- Howe Independent School District, TX
- 37 reviews
- BDenison High School
- Denison Independent School District, TX
- 167 reviews
- A-Whitewright High School
- Whitewright Independent School District, TX
- 42 reviews
Sherman High School Reviews
Sherman High School is a school that is built off of tradition. The facilities might not be the best however, students are encouraged to join multiple clubs, sports, but only if they can keep their grades up. Sherman takes pride of the students that graduate because they go on to do great things. Sherman students attend universities like Texas Tech, Texas State University, Baylor, and I have been granted the opportunity to attend Pennsylvania State University. Even more so, this school takes pride in their student athletes. Therefore, Sherman High School is a place where students can thrive and still achieve a unforgettable high school experience.
There is a wonderful variety of Advanced Placement courses available for students. There are AP teachers who genuinely care of about the success of students who are willing to learn and put in the effort. However, there is what is known as the 'Sherman Mentality' where people maintain the weak attitude of "Oh well, it's Sherman" which justifies giving up on each other and ourselves because 'Sherman is Sherman'. At the top of administration, there is no vigor to change that mentality despite the fact that Mrs. Politi, our current Principal at SHS, along with a few other teachers and administrators, are trying the best they can to change the weak mentality and elevate the success of all students. Teachers like Sandra Truly, Steve Schutts, Anthony Shearer, Anthony Hartman, and Diane Clark are adequate examples of teachers doing what they can with what they have got.
Sherman high school is an incredible place, especially in football season when it seems as if the whole schools main concern is winning the " Battle of the Ax." Which is the longest running high school football rivalry in Texas, which when taken into context, makes sense as to why the students are so vivacious in this time. However, the school fails to visualize things through a students perspective, and typically has an administrative blowout throughout the year.