Sherman High School is a public school located in Sherman, NY. It has 197 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Sherman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-16 Students
- B14 Students
- B7 Students
- A7 Students
- A+5 Students
- C+5 Students
- B+5 Students
- B-5 Students
- B+4 Students
- A-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Sherman High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Sherman High School
- BMaple Grove Junior/Senior High School
- Bemus Point Central School District, NY
- 52 reviews
- CCassadaga Valley Middle/High School
- Cassadaga Valley Central School District, NY
- 79 reviews
- B+North East High School
- North East School District, PA
- 101 reviews
- C+Clymer Central School
- Clymer Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 24 reviews
Sherman High School Reviews
My experience at Sherman High School has arguably been the best any one could ever have. The school does the most with what they have. The teachers are wonderful and generally care about every student. They want to see every student succeed and do their best to make sure every student knows their true value. The education challenges the knowledge of the students and teachers willingly help any student until they fully understand the subject. I love this school and everyone there.
My high school offers several different sports for all types of students. We also have a fitness center that is available to students as well as our local community. School spirit at our school is amazing. Fellow athletes, students, family members and the community attend most all of the sports showing their support to our players.
While there is a very small number of sports, because of the budget and number of students, they mean everything to the community. A majority of students are heavily involved in at least two sports, and those who don't participate in any are typically considered weird or less important than the athletes. While that's normal for highschools, it's even more evident at Sherman, as being good at something else doesn't usually redeem your reputation like being an athlete would.