Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Sheridan Technical Center - High School is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Hollywood, FL. It has 567 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Sheridan Technical Center - High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-305 Students
- B+290 Students
- A281 Students
- A264 Students
- A+248 Students
- A+236 Students
- C222 Students
- B+190 Students
- A172 Students
- B+139 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Sheridan Technical Center - High School Reviews
My experience for the last 2 years has been amazing. This school is peaceful because there are no fights ever, there is a lot of opportunities to be made, and the teachers are phenomenal. Each teacher is like-able in there own way. My favorite teacher by far was Ms.Asselta that teaches psychology. Made made psychology fun while teaching and work was easy to understand and do. The staff always helpful too. They send out scholarships emails everyday. One time when i lost my phone in school and i had thought it been stolen but a student actually gave it to administration and i got it back. The other students aren’t lacking in intelligence too many of kids that go to Sheridan are really smart and have advanced class. This school is full of opportunities that any student should take advantage of because it will help in their future endeavors.
Sheridan Technical High school is a changing school. Since Sheridan opened in 2014 it’s a newer school, It’s a changing school because it is trying to find it’s niche and bring the best for its students. During my four years at Sheridan Technical High, I’ve seen plenty of hard working and reasonable administrators who do their best to listen and work with their diverse population of students. Some of my teachers were honestly superstars because of their work ethic, resourcefulness, and heart. Yes I had a few teachers who need some guidance but overall my high school experience was a big eye opener and a great reflection of how I think the real world would mirror.
Sheridan Technical Center-High School is a great place for high school students to receive their education. The school prepares students to have a high rigor understanding before entering the college programs at Sheridan Technical College with Honors and AP classes. The programs are greatly introduced through the Tech Studies class that prepares students to understand what each technical program and field can offer professionally. Even though, academically speaking, the school is a great place for education, a sports culture needs to grow. Many times it seems that sports at the school are overlooked, but the school needs to focus on that situation because it can allow students to have a clear mind outside from school going forward. Other than that, the school staff is greatly valued by students, which shows why the school has a great success academically speaking.