Sheridan Technical Center - High School is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Hollywood, FL. It has 567 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Sheridan Technical Center - High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-276 Students
- B262 Students
- A256 Students
- A-244 Students
- A+226 Students
- A+212 Students
- C206 Students
- B+168 Students
- A146 Students
- B+124 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Sheridan Technical Center - High School Reviews
Sheridan Technical Center-High School is a great place for high school students to receive their education. The school prepares students to have a high rigor understanding before entering the college programs at Sheridan Technical College with Honors and AP classes. The programs are greatly introduced through the Tech Studies class that prepares students to understand what each technical program and field can offer professionally. Even though, academically speaking, the school is a great place for education, a sports culture needs to grow. Many times it seems that sports at the school are overlooked, but the school needs to focus on that situation because it can allow students to have a clear mind outside from school going forward. Other than that, the school staff is greatly valued by students, which shows why the school has a great success academically speaking.
Sheridan technical high school is a very small yet comfortable place. The teachers do their best to prepare their students for college. Lots of help, tutoring, and reassurance is offered. Through rigorous class and tight schedules, it simulates real college experience that helps for the future. The school mostly focuses on academics so there are little to no dances, field trips, or anything a normal high school would provide. The technical programs that are offered are very limited and focus mainly on the medical field and some construction. They should provide more options for people who want to go into different things but are somewhat forced into programs that don't align with their future goals. The staff is mostly unhelpful and rude at any and every time throughout the day. Overall the school had many things that they can improve on.
Sheridan Tech is an all-around amazing school. They provide students with the ability to go above and beyond. The school provides students with their own laptops to use for all four years. The teachers do everything to ensure their students understand the material. Since there are only 150 students per grade, teachers are able to learn about their students and create bonds. Sheridan gives students the opportunity to take AP classes and dual enrollment. Starting Junior year, students will be moving back and forth between the college campus and the High School campus. While at the College Campus, students will be working in their chosen Technical program. This allows students to get ahead of the game in their desired fields. Sheridan Tech is an amazing school and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.