A joyful and spirited place, Sheridan School is a learning community where we expect our students to achieve great things . . . and they do.
We intentionally develop in students an authentic desire to learn, to frame questions, to seek answers, to lead, to explore, and to create.
Challenge at Sheridan is not limited to the classroom. Our 130-acre Mountain Campus provides students with an opportunity to move outside the comfort of their regular surroundings and experience new levels of challenge in nature—a perspective that plays a vital role in developing confidence and character.
Our oldest tradition? Kindness. The sense of welcoming and warmth you feel upon walking through our doors has been at the heart of our school since its founding in 1927.
Sheridan School Reviews
1)The teacher to student ratio also lends itself to teacher efficacy. There are a high number of teachers to students allowing for more differentiated student learning.
2) Sheridan's students learn to love learning and knowledge because the faculty and staff are supported in their work.
3) Integrity, compassion and respect underpin all of the social emotional learning that takes place in Sheridan's responsive classrooms.
4) Sheridan is dedicated to teaching its students where they are and raising them up from wherever they may be found.
5) Sheridan is committed to the safety -- both physical and social emotional safety -- of its students. This takes the form of active anti-bullying and restorative-justice based conflict resolution measures.
6) We think that the K-8 model coupled with a progressive educational ethos is a great fit. Students are given ample opportunities beginning at a young age to be leaders.