Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Sheridan High School is a highly rated, public school located in Sheridan, WY. It has 956 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Sheridan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-409 Students
- B262 Students
- B+121 Students
- A-110 Students
- B-81 Students
- A-73 Students
- B-69 Students
- B-63 Students
- A+61 Students
- A-58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Sheridan High School Reviews
An awesome school district. I am going to graduate this year and I have been in this district since 1st grade. From elementary, all the way to my senior year, the community, administration, teachers and coaches were a constant support in my growth and education. Wyoming puts a lot of money into their schools and the activities. A great place to go to school and grow up!
Sheridan High School is a wonderful school with an amazing academic program! They have countless extracurricular activities and so many sports. We are one of the top schools in Wyoming and have been holding up to it for years. There is plenty of opportunity for extra help when needed. They have great school counsellors, and a wonderful guidance program to help students plan for their future.
I have been rather pleased with their ability to offer a wide variety of elective classes in order to better satisfy the students' career interests. Also, I personally have had very good experience with my counselor any time I have needed to go there as she is extremely supportive and very understanding. The sports and extra curricular activities are exceptional. Students put forth unbelievable amounts of effort into these things, backed by their coaches and leaders who train them to be the best. The workload per class varies but usually has different average for each subject. Most of the teachers and staff are great to work around, there are a few odd balls here and there but nothing a student can't handle. Student cliques are widely diverse and anyone new that arrives on campus is quickly able to suit themselves into one or many of the divided groups.