Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Sheridan High School is an above average, public school located in Sheridan, AR. It has 893 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Sheridan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B241 Students
- grade B236 Students
- grade B minus216 Students
- grade A minus206 Students
- grade C+205 Students
- grade B188 Students
- grade A minus110 Students
- grade B minus105 Students
- grade B+78 Students
- grade C+77 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responses
- Football games, the whole town comes51%
- Band events14%
- Choir concerts/performances11%
- Timberfest, the town and school work together9%
- Prom, everyone helps put it together6%
- Pep rallies3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$8,725 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 29 responses
Sheridan High School Reviews
Rating 3.48 out of 5 203 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Sheridan High School was so memorable. I am so blessed to have grown up in a district with my friends. The teachers in Sheridan have a special gift for loving students and making an impact on their lives. I learned so many life lessons in high school from my teachers that I simply couldn’t have gotten anywhere else. They truly care. This made learning invigorating. I knew throughout my education that I would have dozens of teachers pushing me to be my very best. One of my favorite things about Sheridan though, is our find arts department. Along with being on the dance team, I participated in marching band, theater, and art class. That was where I could truly thrive. The fine arts teachers have so much talent and I was really pushed to excel in those classes. I wouldn’t change my high school experience at all. I love Sheridan High and I’m so excited to see all of the improvements that they are making.
In Sheridan High School you will have a very good experience As in overall the people in this high school are Nice,Understandable and also very lay back. The teachers/ staff are great in this high school they are Nice ,Respectful and also they act like family and caring .The students in Sheridan high are respectful. Sheridan High school is involved staff working together, pushing themselves and their students to be the best. Failure is not an option for the teacher or the students
I liked the student teacher relationship. The school really made a push to feel like a family. Me personally this makes it easier to pursue my education. Feeling comfortable and like I can relate to not only the students but also the teachers makes learning enjoyable. Sheridan has impacted me, and prepared me for not only college but also the real world. They have shown how to take the school teachings and apply them to our lives. One thing I think we need to work on is getting excited for extra curricular activities. As a school it should be something important to the student body, so the hype surrounding the activities should matter.