Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Sheridan High School is an above average, public school located in Sheridan, AR. It has 893 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Sheridan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B216 Students
- B216 Students
- B-204 Students
- B-188 Students
- A-182 Students
- B-169 Students
- B-98 Students
- A-89 Students
- C72 Students
- B+71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Sheridan High School Reviews
My experience at Sheridan High School was so memorable. I am so blessed to have grown up in a district with my friends. The teachers in Sheridan have a special gift for loving students and making an impact on their lives. I learned so many life lessons in high school from my teachers that I simply couldn’t have gotten anywhere else. They truly care. This made learning invigorating. I knew throughout my education that I would have dozens of teachers pushing me to be my very best. One of my favorite things about Sheridan though, is our find arts department. Along with being on the dance team, I participated in marching band, theater, and art class. That was where I could truly thrive. The fine arts teachers have so much talent and I was really pushed to excel in those classes. I wouldn’t change my high school experience at all. I love Sheridan High and I’m so excited to see all of the improvements that they are making.
I liked the student teacher relationship. The school really made a push to feel like a family. Me personally this makes it easier to pursue my education. Feeling comfortable and like I can relate to not only the students but also the teachers makes learning enjoyable. Sheridan has impacted me, and prepared me for not only college but also the real world. They have shown how to take the school teachings and apply them to our lives. One thing I think we need to work on is getting excited for extra curricular activities. As a school it should be something important to the student body, so the hype surrounding the activities should matter.
My experience at Sheridan High School has been one of the greatest experiences in my life. With a friendly and helpful staff Sheridan High School has helped me to become the best student I can be and has allowed me to grow in countless ways. Adjusting to a new state was difficult but the helpful and kind staff helped me to adjust to my new surroundings and I have even made some new friends along the way. I know people say nothing is ever perfect but there isn't anything I would change about Sheridan High School, It's really the perfect school for me.