Sheridan High School is an above average, public school located in SHERIDAN, AR. It has 943 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Sheridan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B180 Students
- B176 Students
- B-161 Students
- B-159 Students
- A152 Students
- B131 Students
- B-83 Students
- A-75 Students
- C65 Students
- A-60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Sheridan High School Reviews
Sheridan High School has amazing teachers and excellent culture. The programs and curriculum for advanced students is top notch. They passed a millage increase so they will be updating their facilities and adding even more opportunities for students. We are fortunate to have a great school in a small town. Love it!
Sheridan High School was academically narrow. There were limited offered subjects outside of the standard English, math, history, and science. There was also a clear favoritism shown to certain students by the administration, specifically about dress code. Despite these things, the few extracurricular activities offered were delightful.
I'm a senior at Sheridan High School right now and I've only been here since my Junior year. I love it here! They show so much spirit for their sports, band, and dance team. My grades went up and I have made so amazing friendships. Something they could improve on is renovations and having updated equipment. In all, I love this school and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an excellent district.