Sheridan High School is a public school located in DENVER, CO. It has 369 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Sheridan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-99 Students
- A-81 Students
- A-75 Students
- A75 Students
- B-67 Students
- C+58 Students
- A58 Students
- B47 Students
- B+35 Students
- B-34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Sheridan High School
- C-Adams City High School
- Adams County School District No. 14, CO
- 252 reviews
- CEnglewood High School
- Englewood Schools, CO
- 51 reviews
- C-Westminster High School
- Adams County School District 50, CO
- 268 reviews
- C-Abraham Lincoln High School
- Denver Public Schools, CO
- 217 reviews
Sheridan High School Reviews
Ive been in the Sheridan District since middle school and I really did love it here. The teachers were awesome and everyone was super nice. When we continuated from middle school and went to high school thats when it all fell apart. When our favorite principal left so did all the teachers which made the academics failed. The classes were just randomly assigned to us and the students didn't really enjoy the classes because we weren't able to chose the classes that will be important for us in the future. Some things I'd like to see change is in the future for the classes is the quality of the teachers. They hired people so fast and they didn't even think about what they would be teacher so some aren't even knowing what they are teaching. Also, the classes that are offered should be expanded to more AP and college courses because there are students who need more of a challenge and it will benefit them when they go to college.
As a senior who has attended Sheridan High School since freshman year, I have seen the school at its highest peaks and its lowest. Since freshman year there have been several drastic changes to the staff, school, and students. There are several changes that the students here would like to change about the school. But one of the advantages here are the way everyone knows and treats each other for being such a small school.
I've been attending Sheridan High School since my freshman year. I really like attending a school with less than 600 students. That feeling of everyone knowing who you are, and also having that family type of school vibe is always great. I've encountered many supportive teachers, that all want to see you succeed. Despite the diversity there, everyone is treated with equal respect. We have many sports that several students participate and clubs student join. I am in a few clubs, I'm not the sporty type. Sheridan is a great school, if you want a small, family type of environment.