Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Shepherd High School is a public school located in Shepherd, MT. It has 259 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Shepherd High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+50 Students
- B+49 Students
- B25 Students
- B-24 Students
- C11 Students
- A+10 Students
- B9 Students
- B+9 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Shepherd High School
Shepherd High School Reviews
Nice small(er) classes, makes it easier to lear and get help needed. Most teachers are excellent and teach wonderfully. Only thing that bothered me was the fact that advanced students weren’t given many choices. Advanced classes interfere with required classes limiting choices. Other than that enjoyed my time there.
I loved Shepherd Schools because the teachers are friendly and extremely helpful. I especially love the principal and counselor because they care about each and every student that attends or attended Shepherd. I didn't have many friends during high school but the teachers made it easier for me by listening, giving me advice, and helping with more than school. I also love the secretary who retired this year because she also made high school a lot more fun. I can't say enough about Shepherd. Even after I graduated I still feel welcome and the teachers show that they want to see me succeed and will help in every possible way. There are several activities and fun things to do at Shepherd like cheerleading, sports, and clubs. Two of the teachers even put on a trip each year for at least one of their classes. I went on both trips and absolutely loved them both. I love Shepherd and will never forget the Shepherd staff for everything they helped me with and will help me with.
The only thing that is really great about Shepherd Highschool is the academic opportunties. Spots aren't great, and the club opportunties are only good if someone's parents aren't running the clubs. Overall, I'd say Shepherd, isn't that great of a school altogther.