Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Shenandoah Valley Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Shenandoah, PA. It has 483 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Shenandoah Valley Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B53 Students
- A+41 Students
- A-36 Students
- B27 Students
- B26 Students
- C+22 Students
- A22 Students
- B20 Students
- A+20 Students
- B-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
- Concert Band13%
- Jazz Band13%
- Marching Band13%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Shenandoah Valley Junior/Senior High School
- CMinersville Area Junior/Senior High School
- Minersville Area School District, PA
- 49 reviews
- B-Columbia-Montour Area Vocation-Technical School
- Public School
- Bloomsburg, PA
- 67 reviews
- B-North Schuylkill Junior/Senior High School
- North Schuylkill School District, PA
- 117 reviews
- B-Mount Carmel Area High School
- Mount Carmel Area School District, PA
- 54 reviews
Shenandoah Valley Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I transferred to Shenandoah Valley after going to catholic school for six years. Ever since my first day, I have loved it. The school is one big family. The student body is diverse and loving, like having young and older siblings. The faculty bring the school together. Without them, high school would not be as great. I could not have asked for a better high school experience!
Shenandoah Valley is a school that focuses on your academics above all else. There are not many clubs or sports but those who get involved in the ones we do have say it's like a second family to them. Everyone in the school is incredibly welcoming to others. They strive for greatness and are always looking for ways to improve things in the school.
I loved almost every second of being at Shenandoah Valley. The teachers are almost like family and you gain strong bonds from them.