Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Shenandoah High School is an above average, public school located in Middletown, IN. It has 451 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Shenandoah High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B118 Students
- grade A75 Students
- grade A+61 Students
- grade B56 Students
- grade C+45 Students
- grade B+40 Students
- grade B minus36 Students
- grade A minus34 Students
- grade B25 Students
- grade A minus23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade A+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responses
- Volleyball/dodgeball ternaments21%
- Pep rallies14%
- Spirit Week14%
- All of them were ruined because of this school7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
No data available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,468 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 8 responses
Schools like Shenandoah High School
- grade B minusKnightstown High School
- C.A. Beard Memorial School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 107 reviews
- grade BPendleton Heights High School
- South Madison Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 234 reviews
- grade B+Eastern Hancock High School
- Eastern Hancock County Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 4.15 out of 5 52 reviews
- grade B minusNew Castle High School
- New Castle Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.53 out of 5 124 reviews
Shenandoah High School Reviews
Rating 3.68 out of 5 38 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Shenandoah High School has been amazing! I've accomplished a lot of goals, set new ones, made many awesome relationships, and have gotten the chance to influence others in their faith! I love how the community comes together in all things and is so uplifting, I love how much the teachers and administrators care to make students be the best they can, and I love how every sport or event is praised. There isn't a specific thing that I wish Shenandoah would consider or work on!
Overall, I have had an amazing experience at Shenandoah High School! I as well as the school have had their ups and downs every once and a while, but the school gives so much to offer academically, athletically, and through their community!! The whole community has each other's backs through everything we go through, whether it be a highlight or a setback. It's truly incredible how life-altering this school and community surrounding it can be! If I were to change something it would have to be making activities for the community to be so close no matter if we have an up or a down, never changing close-knit community. I would also like to see more motivation out of the God-fearing students who attend Shenandoah. God is always moving people, but more times than not, people fall to the conformation of this world than their faith.
Shenandoah High School is a very welcoming and interconnected school. There are only about 100 people per class, and everyone knows one another by name. The students are very active with their learning community. I would recommend students or guardians with conservative values attend Shenandoah. None the less, everyone will find a social group that they feel at home with.