Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Shell Lake Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Shell Lake, WI. It has 305 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Shell Lake Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+24 Students
- B20 Students
- A+19 Students
- A+13 Students
- B13 Students
- A-12 Students
- B12 Students
- B9 Students
- B8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Shell Lake Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Overall, I would say I've had a decent experience with Shell Lake Junior/Senior High School. The teachers is very caring for their students and are always willing to work with them if they have any issues understanding the content. My one complaint about Shell Lake is their administration and school board. They are very disorganized which leads to many problems not only for staff, but for the students as well. However, they have been making some recent changes to their administration staff, and things seem to be moving in the right direction.
I have attended Shell Lake since I was in Kindergarten. At this school, I have been given the help I needed when it was necessary. The teachers are always willing to help someone and always make time for their students outside of class. However, classes are short, and there usually is not time to get what needs to be done finished in class, I would like to have a block schedule.
For a small school, Shell Lake is great! Since there are a limited amount of teachers, oftentimes the same teachers will have all the classes in a subject. For example, the same teacher has all the biology and chemistry classes, and a students may have the same teacher for all four years of high school. I found this as very helpful to learning, since I already knew their teaching styles, and they already knew how I learned, going into upper level classes.