Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Sheldon High School is an above average, public school located in Sheldon, IA. It has 345 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A44 Students
- A32 Students
- B+30 Students
- B+29 Students
- B27 Students
- B-13 Students
- B11 Students
- B+11 Students
- B9 Students
- A-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Sheldon High School
- BBoyden-Hull High School
- Boyden-Hull Community School District, IA
- 24 reviews
- BSibley-Ocheyedan High School
- Sibley-Ocheyedan Community School District, IA
- 20 reviews
- B-South O'Brien Secondary School
- South O'Brien Community School District, IA
- 11 reviews
- A-MOC-Floyd Valley High School
- MOC Floyd Valley Community School District, IA
- 111 reviews
Sheldon High School Reviews
In my experience, Sheldon High School has been an awesome school to attend. SHS has a great atmosphere, friendly students, well-kept facilities, healthy and delicious lunches, lots of independence for students, and the class schedule. SHS does block-style scheduling for classes, so the longer class periods for more focus-based learning has helped me a lot. The teachers have been helpful to me, and I enjoy my independent learning.
Heading into my last year of high school, I would say I have had a great time at Sheldon. Most of the teachers are great teachers and are willing to help students with anything if they were to ask. Throughout the years I have noticed that more clubs and activities have been created since I was a freshman. If I were to change anything, it would be to not have a hybrid schedule and to just stick with block scheduling.
Sheldon High School, SHS, has quite a bit to work on. First, I would recommend that they come down harder on students who are bullying their peers. I would also like to recommend that they work harder to help students who need it and ask for it instead of allowing them to feel like they are alone. The most important thing I think SHS needs to work on is mental health awareness and education. I know many students who graduated from Sheldon with mental health problems because they didn't receive the help they needed.