Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Shelbyville High School is a public school located in Shelbyville, IL. It has 312 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B61 Students
- B40 Students
- B+24 Students
- B-23 Students
- A+22 Students
- B21 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-15 Students
- B-13 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Shelbyville High School
- B-Sullivan High School
- Sullivan Community Unit School District No. 300, IL
- 24 reviews
- C+Stewardson-Strasburg High School
- Stewardson-Strasburg Community Unit School District No. 5-A, IL
- 17 reviews
- BPana Senior High School
- Pana Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- 28 reviews
- B-Okaw Valley High School
- Okaw Valley Community Unit School District No. 302, IL
- 47 reviews
Shelbyville High School Reviews
I loved how the teachers are always so sweet and welcoming every single day! I don’t really remember a time where there was any bullying or huge fights that would happen. All of the students seemed pretty mature and respectful.
Shelbyville High School was the typical high school experience. I never had to worry about my safety on the school's campus. However, there were days when the roads were very slick for many people and we still had school, which is was caused me to chose 4 stars instead of 5 on the Safety rating. Athletics are very well supported. The fine arts also receive decent support, but do inevitably fall to the side of the sports.
Ever since the new principal came things have been turning around. Much more professional environment and more opportunities to get involved in school activities. Although I feel there could be more clubs and activities or a more streamlined way to be able for the students to start them. I love the way the school is now but there are still many things I wish to see the administration do in the future.