Shelbyville Central High School is a public school located in Shelbyville, TN. It has 1,412 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 9% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Shelbyville Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B152 Students
- B-96 Students
- A-84 Students
- B47 Students
- B-46 Students
- B+44 Students
- B38 Students
- B38 Students
- A+36 Students
- C29 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Shelbyville Central High School
Shelbyville Central High School Reviews
I enjoyed the small town experience with friends who are genuine and community oriented. The teachers are willing to help students who need help and show a desire to excel! I loved that there were students from a wide array of backgrounds. Most of the teachers and administration are local and can help graduates find a job, create a good resume and help with applications. The standard classes are just that - standard with a basic instruction model. Also, the students can be a bit clicky and stand offish if you are not 'one of them'. Because it is a large school, one can become lost in the crowd so you have to create good relationships with teachers.
As a senior now at SCHS I have been blessed to say that I have had a great learning environment. I really enjoy knowing that our staff try to take part and be more involved in school. For example, not only does our staff try to improve on our education, but they also try to improve and make of importance our sports, extra curricular activities, and our school spirit. I also enjoy how SCHS is a unique school because it is full of diversity in where one can meet so many people and learn from. Just as any school, I believe there are things that we can improve on and are working on, for example getting our graduation rate up and getting students motivated for their education. Overall, SCHS is great school and has a great learning environment.
My experience attending Shelbyville High School is better than average. The academics are higher than usual, and we support anyone involved in sports and fine arts. I wish there were not as many cliques, but everyone has their own friend group.