Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Shelby High School is a public school located in Shelby, MI. It has 402 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Shelby High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A61 Students
- B+54 Students
- B-47 Students
- B38 Students
- B+35 Students
- C32 Students
- A+32 Students
- C19 Students
- A-17 Students
- B-14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Shelby High School
- BHart High School
- Hart Public School District, MI
- 64 reviews
- B-Montague High School
- Montague Area Public Schools, MI
- 58 reviews
- CHesperia High School
- Hesperia Community Schools, MI
- 72 reviews
- BWhitehall Senior High School
- Whitehall District Schools, MI
- 103 reviews
Shelby High School Reviews
Shelby high school has been pretty good. I have always felt that I am in a safe and secure learning environment and have had opportunities to challenge myself. However, I think the school system as a whole needs to be changed and the class schedules require more attention. More courses need to be offered.ll of the staff are very friendly and understanding. Any teacher or administrator would drop anything to help a student. They know how to make good connections with their students. One thing I would like to change is what classes are available for students to take. Over the past couple of years, the class selection has been diminishing and students feel like they cannot be well rounded. I would like to be able to take a cooking and sewing class or a STEM class
Shelby High school has very impressive students and faculty! Not only is Shelby High School a good academic environment, but it also holds foundation to many extracurricular activities and clubs. For example, new to the high school is the "Be Nice." group. This group was founded to give Shelby High School an attitude change from standing up to bullying to activities focused on self-love and acceptance. The SAHC-HAT group is also a great team that makes Shelby High School a better place. This is a sanctioned group that helps with health awareness with topics ranging anywhere from depression to stress. Shelby High School not only displays a great education level and learning environment, but it also holds support for the students that attend. It is important that school should be a place of acceptance and knowledge, and I believe that Shelby High School is a scholl that does just that.
High school is a hard thing to enjoy, but there are some aspects of Shelby High that I do enjoy. All of the staff are very friendly and understanding. Any teacher or administrator would drop anything to help a student. They know how to make good connections with their students. One thing I would like to change is what classes are available for students to take. Over the past couple of years, the class selection has been diminishing and students feel like they cannot be well rounded. I would like to be able to take a cooking and sewing class or a STEM class. Overall, Shelby is an average school. It excels in some areas, but some areas could be improved.