Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Sheffield Middle/High School is a public school located in Sheffield, PA. It has 280 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Sheffield Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+10 Students
- B-10 Students
- C+7 Students
- B-6 Students
- A6 Students
- B5 Students
- A+4 Students
- A+4 Students
- B+3 Students
- C+3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Sheffield Middle/High School
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Sheffield Middle/High School
Sheffield Middle/High School Reviews
We had no homework, which seems great until you decide you want to go to college. Cafeteria food has progressively gotten worse over the years. Sheffield is freezing in the winter and doesn’t have AC at all for when it’s hot. I think both should be a requirement in schools. Especially in Pennsylvania, where we get all 4 seasons and weather can be very extreme. Internet is poor, computers are pretty outdated, and they can’t even afford new (and odorless) paint for students taking art classes. The administration continues to make poor decisions with how they spend their money. It’s a shame because the staff wants us to succeed, but they don’t have the recourses or funding to make it any better.
There are various extracurricular activities at my school although not as many as at a larger school. Many of the organizations are educational and fun at the same time. SADD teaches students and lets them take part in conferences which are fun. Student Council organizes Homecoming and gives kids experience working together. Staff at school plays a huge role in organizing and helping the clubs. Some of these groups of students do wonderful and generous things such as collecting food and other items for people in need. Also some club members, such as from JETS and ACADEMIC BOWL, have the opportunity to travel to competitions and show their knowledge of various subjects. It's nice too because several clubs are open to different age levels so a student can join and see what the club is all about and then decide if he/she wants to continue with it. I personally have really enjoyed being in different organizations and recommend students try them out!
Sheffield School definitely has improved the food services recently. Much healthier and nutritious foods are available for both breakfast and lunch. There actually is a good variety of foods from which to choose including the common pizza and chicken nuggets to the newer wraps, salads, and assorted fruits. Students have appreciated the changes. Kids still enjoy "junk food and pop" but it's nice to see that those items can't be purchased during school meals now. I feel the meals are an excellent value as prices are very reasonable. Our cafeteria is always clean and the workers are friendly and helpful. One thing I feel is great is that the students don't know which students are getting free or reduced meals. Previously some kids were embarrassed that others knew so they sometimes would not eat. Now all students can eat and get the proper nutrition needed to do their best in school!