Sheffield High School is a public school located in Sheffield, AL. It has 283 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Sheffield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+73 Students
- A50 Students
- C+41 Students
- A-40 Students
- A37 Students
- B27 Students
- A25 Students
- C-20 Students
- C+19 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Sheffield High School
- B-Deshler High School
- Tuscumbia City Schools, AL
- 50 reviews
- BRussellville High School
- Russellville City Schools, AL
- 57 reviews
- B-Colbert County High School
- Colbert County Schools, AL
- 35 reviews
- A-Central High School
- Lauderdale County Schools, AL
- PK, K-12
- 32 reviews
Sheffield High School Reviews
Sheffield High School is an amazing school with a passion for learning. I moved to Sheffield when I was a sophomore and I have to say I made the right choice coming to Sheffield. Not only is the environment great, but the teachers take pride in helping their students strive for success. The one thing I most admire about Sheffield is that they do not discriminate anyone coming to the school as a new student. I felt very welcomed and to this day I am still being treated a such. The one thing I would change is the overall AP courses are only about two. We need more AP classes for students to better their education.
I absolutely love my school! I would never want to graduate anywhere else. Some of the teachers tend to teach us well enough to pass the test they are giving, but not to genuinely understanding the content though.
Sheffield High School is a great learning environment. The classes are challenging and are prepping you for college which I like. I would personally like to see more clubs added to the school, more honor societies, and more field trips.