Sheffield High School
- Sheffield, AL
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Sheffield High School is a public school located in Sheffield, AL. It has 243 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Sheffield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B90 Students
- grade A63 Students
- grade C+50 Students
- grade A minus48 Students
- grade A minus46 Students
- grade B37 Students
- grade C31 Students
- grade A31 Students
- grade B26 Students
- grade C minus25 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responses
- Football and prom.45%
- Basketball and cheer18%
- Spring Fling18%
- Splash Bash9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,484 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 8 responses
Schools like Sheffield High School
- grade B minusDeshler High School
- Tuscumbia City Schools, AL
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 60 reviews
- grade B+Russellville High School
- Russellville City Schools, AL
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 62 reviews
- grade C+Colbert County High School
- Colbert County Schools, AL
- Rating 3.46 out of 5 57 reviews
- grade B+Central High School
- Lauderdale County Schools, AL
- PK, K-12
- Rating 4.31 out of 5 36 reviews
Sheffield High School Reviews
Rating 3.84 out of 5 32 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Sheffield High School is an amazing school with a passion for learning. I moved to Sheffield when I was a sophomore and I have to say I made the right choice coming to Sheffield. Not only is the environment great, but the teachers take pride in helping their students strive for success. The one thing I most admire about Sheffield is that they do not discriminate anyone coming to the school as a new student. I felt very welcomed and to this day I am still being treated a such. The one thing I would change is the overall AP courses are only about two. We need more AP classes for students to better their education.
I absolutely love my school! I would never want to graduate anywhere else. Some of the teachers tend to teach us well enough to pass the test they are giving, but not to genuinely understanding the content though.
Sheffield High School is a great learning environment. The classes are challenging and are prepping you for college which I like. I would personally like to see more clubs added to the school, more honor societies, and more field trips.