Shawnee High School is an above average, public school located in Springfield, OH. It has 545 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Shawnee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-97 Students
- A+80 Students
- A-64 Students
- A61 Students
- B+57 Students
- C+40 Students
- A37 Students
- A-36 Students
- B34 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Shawnee High School
- A-Yellow Springs High School & McKinney Middle School
- Yellow Springs Exempted Village School District, OH
- 36 reviews
- BBethel High School
- Bethel Local School District, OH
- 53 reviews
- BGreeneview High School
- Greeneview Local School District, OH
- 48 reviews
- A-Beavercreek High School
- Beavercreek City School District, OH
- 357 reviews
Shawnee High School Reviews
My experience at Shawnee High School was fantastic. Shawnee’s college credit plus program is extremely beneficial and Shawnee’s teacher to student ratio is low enough that I was able to have several one on one conversations; not only with my teachers but my counselors, too!
My experience at Shawnee High School has been magnificent. I have loved being a part of the Shawnee Braves community. The students are supportive of one another, the teachers do their very best to provide a great education, and a majority of our sports are very successful. We have teams or individuals who make it to state meets every year. The staff at Shawnee does everything they can to prepare us students for college and the real world. They care for each individual student and his or her specific needs. I am very thankful to be a Shawnee Brave.
The teachers were amazing and helpful. The music program was outstanding. Many different sports and extracurriculars were offered. There many learning opportunities including College Credit Plus and internship opportunities.