Shawnee High School is a public school located in Shawnee, OK. It has 1,393 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
Shawnee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A217 Students
- A173 Students
- B125 Students
- B120 Students
- C+96 Students
- B-85 Students
- C80 Students
- B+52 Students
- C+50 Students
- A36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Shawnee High School Reviews
The clubs/organizations are fantastic and diverse. They offer a variety of academic opportunities. More school spirit and community involvement would be nice to see. The teachers show that they genuinely care about the students and you can tell they try their hardest to prepare us for life with what they are given. The school does uplift the student bodies voice for the most part and tries to accommodate a multitude of opinions. Overall I’m proud to be apart of the Shawnee Wolfpack!
At Shawnee High School, there isn’t too much of a variety of anything. Our school system is currently working on adding some different electives and new sciences, which is nice, but by the time those will be in place, I’ll be graduated. Shawnee High School does have an awesome fine arts program though. We have several different art classes, choirs, drama classes, and our band is amazing. I wouldn’t trade my experiences there for anything.
I would rank this high school with the average rating of 3 stars. Shawnee High School is an average school, you learn a little bit and get your diploma. Which is technically all you need from a school, but that is all you will get. Many of the teachers do not deserve their license and should not be teaching, there are a few amazing teachers but they are significantly out numbered.