Shawnee Heights High School is an above average, public school located in Tecumseh, KS. It has 1,118 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 28% in reading.
Shawnee Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B250 Students
- A247 Students
- A205 Students
- B+90 Students
- B-78 Students
- B-55 Students
- B53 Students
- B+47 Students
- B41 Students
- B+36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Shawnee Heights High School
- BTopeka West High School
- Topeka Public Schools, KS
- 128 reviews
- BJefferson West High School
- Jefferson West Unified School District, KS
- 54 reviews
- ALawrence High School
- Lawrence Unified School District, KS
- 252 reviews
- BPerry-Lecompton High School
- Perry Public Schools, KS
- 77 reviews
Shawnee Heights High School Reviews
I enrolled to Shawnee Heights my sophomore year and it was a shock for me. I've been to big schools but never this big. I was super nervous but eventually I found a group of people who clicked with me. There is little to no diversity but most of the students and staff are nice. I love how our sports department always was spoken highly of. We had one of the best basketball, track and football team. One thing that could change at Shawnee Heights is there food! Omg it's gross, they should take surveys on what US students think about the meals. Overall it's a great school, I've left with tons of memeorys good and bad.
I really love how the teachers challenge the students to be the best they can in school and out of it. The teachers are always willing to go out of their way to help a student succeed!I would like to the see the environment around student culture change, though. From a students perspective, the student culture is made up of a lot of cliques. If the school tried to include everyone in spirit days or other student lead activity then the school would really be excelling in all aspects of school. I know that Shawnee Heights is a great school with fantastic staff and students and all students and staff should have the opportunity to experience that.
At my school, no matter who you or who you dream of becoming, everyone around you will try their hardest to help you accomplish your goals. Everyone that goes to Shawnee Heights or has previously attended Heights will agree that they love the school, and that the Thunderbird atmosphere is something hard to leave behind. Though recently we’ve lost pep rallies and other school spirit activities due to them taking away from class time, we as a student body still make our own pep rallies and after games and this really brings together our students.