Sharyland Pioneer High School is an above average, public school located in Mission, TX. It has 1,566 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B127 Students
- A+124 Students
- A+111 Students
- B+96 Students
- A-87 Students
- B78 Students
- A69 Students
- C+59 Students
- B44 Students
- B-42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Sharyland Pioneer High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Sharyland Pioneer High School Reviews
Sharyland Pioneer is a prestigious and well mannered high school that holds its students to a higher academic and athletic standard than most. The environment demands good behavior and properly handles unsatisfactory situations at hand. The academic aspect of the campus is rigorous in all categories and educators work with students to ensure their success. Many teachers on campus are committed to helping their students grow and prepare them for further education: some spend hours after each day for tutoring or adequate preparation for the following lessons. In a similar way, coaches are dedicated to raising their athletes through discipline and encouragement, aiding in the school's athletic triumph in just a short five years. Sharyland Pioneer is motivated to continue their streak of prosperity and strives to make an even bigger statement each year.
Sharyland Pioneer has the best teachers in the district. Every teacher cares about their students and help them get the education they need. Pioneer has been very strong academically and in extra curricular. Everyone is united and supporting each other inside and outside of the classrooms. They help you get prepared for college and will go the extra mile to make sure you are accepted into a college. This school is the best that there is, you’ll want to go back once you’re gone.
Sharyland Pioneer Highschool has made a big name for itself in only 6 years. We have great teachers and various elective classes to choose from. The overall involvement of our school within society is impressively high, and our students willingness to go out and support their school come fundraiser season is a prime example of how spirited and involved we are in our community. I am a proud student of Pioneer High School and I can honestly say our staff and students are dedicated, hard working, and set for success. I hope this school continues to thrive, and hold its values strong as strong as we do today.