Sharon High School is a top rated, public school located in Sharon, MA. It has 1,058 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Sharon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A192 Students
- A+139 Students
- A+123 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+66 Students
- A61 Students
- A55 Students
- A+55 Students
- B49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Sharon High School
- A+Natick High School
- Natick Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 176 reviews
- A+Brookline High School
- Public Schools of Brookline, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 285 reviews
- A+Newton South High School
- Newton Public Schools, MA
- 247 reviews
- A+Milton High School
- Milton Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 133 reviews
Sharon High School Reviews
Sharon High School is overall an excellent high school that focuses on college readiness. Although its courses can become quite difficult, the structure is there to help you reach a greater potential as long as you are willing to work at it as well. The students are overall a friendly bunch. The school spirit however is quite weak in comparison to the strong academics. Whenever there is a Pep Rally or sport event, the student body never seems to show much enthusiasm to support the events, for what reason I do not know, but it is very clear. It is a very liberal school, so if you enjoy that type of environment, then you may fit in well!
Sharon high school is a great school, no doubt about it. The academics are great and the environment is very welcoming. However, the high school faces some major issues as well. The facilities are practically falling apart, never mind the school lunches that are edible on a good day. Additionally, will the majority of teachers week very dedicated to their students and their subject, there is, like any school, some discrepancies that can inhibit learning. So while Sharon high school is undoubtedly a very good school, it fails in certain crucial areas that would mark it as an extraordinary school.
My experience at Sharon High School is disappointing. The school lunch there is undercooked, overcooked, soggy, hard, or both. Whenever it is time for senior lunch people have to fight over the food because it runs out for senior lunch. The actual building itseld is rundown and broken. There is even black mould growing insid3 the building itself. There should be enough funding for the school, but it doesn't feel like it. I love a lot of the teachers there and my learning experience is fairly good. I am disappointed for the funding for the arts and I just sincerely wish the school would get better.