Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Sharon High School is a top rated, public school located in Sharon, MA. It has 1,121 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Sharon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A259 Students
- A+178 Students
- A+174 Students
- A+98 Students
- A+89 Students
- A+87 Students
- A82 Students
- A+73 Students
- A71 Students
- B65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Sharon High School Reviews
The only reason Sharon High School receives good reviews/ratings is that it is full of overworked, high achieving students that are put under constant pressure. The self-learned competition of these students is reflected in high test scores but leaves a lasting negative impact on their mental health. Some of the teachers are quite good and deserve a better teaching environment, but the administration treats students terribly and enforces ridiculous rules. Often, students can not even walk through the halls (even if they get permission by a teacher) without being reprimanded/questioned. Terrible infrastructure, access to clubs, and food, which puts students at a great disadvantage compared to other more modern and advanced school districts.
We did not have much flexibility with our schedules. We were not allowed to take AP classes until junior year, and during junior year we could only take a maximum of two. Classes with mixed grade levels are rare. They recently instated a rule saying that students cannot double up on classes of one subject. For example, if I want to take both chemistry and biology, I cannot take both in one year since they are both science classes. Some teachers very strict and are hesitant to listen to students. That being said, the curriculum is very strong and I am very happy with the education I am getting. While some staff are more strict and aloof, the majority of the teachers and staff are sweet and love communicating with the students. There is a wide variety of sports, clubs, and other activities students can participate in to make friends. The building is a little old and run-down, but they are renovating it this year.
The students are very white and privileged. Definitely a racism problem at the school. People have said the N-word in front of me multiple times. The grading techniques vary and academic pressure are very intense, and still to this day causes me to be an anxious perfectionist. The school doesnt pay attention to the special ed students or the students' mental health. I had to threaten the school with a lawyer in order for me to go to a school that could meet my needs. The administration has also dismissed misconduct with teachers multiple times. They only care about the school reputation not the students. Theyre all about MCAS and put a TON of pressure on the students to do well. And by that I mean lying about a 5 paragraph requirement for the MCAS essay. Social atmosphere is clique-y and judgemental. Everyone has substance abuse problems to deal with the pressures of this school. If you have existing problems with your mental health dont go here. Good education but thats it