Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Shakopee Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Shakopee, MN. It has 2,605 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Shakopee Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A593 Students
- B223 Students
- B+218 Students
- A208 Students
- A+204 Students
- B-192 Students
- B+130 Students
- A122 Students
- B118 Students
- B117 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 131 responses
- Homecoming spirit week21%
- Pep Fest18%
- Basketball games13%
- Link Crew9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Shakopee Senior High School
- A-Washburn Senior High School
- Minneapolis Public School District, MN
- 168 reviews
- B+Burnsville High School
- Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191, MN
- 529 reviews
- AApple Valley Senior High School
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Independent School District No. 196, MN
- 228 reviews
- BKennedy Senior High School
- Bloomington Public School District, MN
- 233 reviews
Shakopee Senior High School Reviews
Shakopee High School has excellent programs to help students prepare for college, including bigger class sizes and longer “block” periods of time. The staff is overall amazing when it comes to wanting your student to succeed as well as being there for them on a bad day. The facilities at Shakopee High School are amazing! With the field house, it holds practices for wrestling, basketball, tennis, softball and baseball, dance team and track and field. The activities the Student Council plan as well are always a big hit that allow many people get together and experience new cultures, like the culture fest, and they put together spirit weeks to get the whole school together which is a great turn out!
The teachers truly cared about my education both in and out of the classroom. I had great opportunities to get involved in extracurriculars and made lifelong friends along the way! Going to school here definitely solidified my foundation for college, and I learned so many skills that have enhanced my study methods for my current classes. This school had tons of academic opportunities to improve my learning (AP classes as well as College In the Schools classes), and there was a large support system of guidance counselors, social workers, and mentors for any type of assistance a student could need during high school.
One thing that sets Shakopee Senior High School apart from other schools in the area is the academy approach that they switched to a couple of years ago. At Shakopee, there are seven different academies starting with the freshman academy which sets ninth-graders up for a successful high school career. As a Sophomore, you then choose to go into one of the six other academies. These include academies include Arts and Communication, Business and entrepreneurship, Engineering and Manufacturing, Health Sciences, Human Services, and Science and Technologies. Through these academies, students can explore different career paths and unique classes that help prepare students for life after high school. Beyond the classes, Shakopee has a wide variety of clubs and sports that ensures all students can find involvement in an area of interest.