Shaker High School is a top rated, public school located in Latham, NY. It has 1,941 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Shaker High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+91 Students
- A+89 Students
- A+78 Students
- A+75 Students
- A+74 Students
- A69 Students
- A-68 Students
- B64 Students
- A61 Students
- C+60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Shaker High School
- AGuilderland High School
- Guilderland Central School District, NY
- 222 reviews
- A+Niskayuna High School
- Niskayuna Central School District, NY
- 203 reviews
- A-Clayton A. Bouton High School
- Voorheesville Central School District, NY
- 37 reviews
- A-Columbia High School
- East Greenbush Central School District, NY
- 150 reviews
Shaker High School Reviews
I felt the school offered a broad array of academics and the student culture was great - there was a great amount of school spirit and crossover between upper and lower classes. Sports were a large part of the school community with many opportunities for all to participate. The number of clubs was amazing - some with large numbers and some with just a few. But everyone felt represented in the club they were participating. The food could have been a little better, but overall there was a nice variety. Teachers and Administrators seemed to care, however, there were times where we felt as though we were being monitored too closely - especially for juniors and seniors who needed some additional freedom. I felt that I was prepared for college and enjoyed my high school career.
I really enjoyed my time at this school! There were a lot of activities to do, and they were often-times so helpful if I was falling behind! I loved the fact that there was always an adviser ready, willing, and able to help if you needed it. I was a business major, and I really did well in it, because the staff was always available to get you through the school year.
It's a pretty good school in general, but nothing really stands out to me that much. You have the typical smart kids, the popular kids, and the druggie kids. Most of the teachers are nice, a select few are questionably bad at teaching but it's not too big of a deal. The AP teachers are Shaker are amazing and people score very well compared to the average. The students are ok. We've had a couple of bomb threats but they aren't that serious- it was usually some dumb joke. It has a nice selection of clubs, however, some clubs are as well run as others. Lots of school spirit and pretty sport oriented.