Shaker Heights High School is a highly rated, public school located in Shaker Heights, OH. It has 1,724 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Shaker Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+318 Students
- A-217 Students
- A171 Students
- B165 Students
- B154 Students
- A-153 Students
- A+121 Students
- B85 Students
- B-78 Students
- A+62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 108 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Schools like Shaker Heights High School
- AMayfield High School
- Mayfield City School District, OH
- 222 reviews
- A+Orange High School
- Orange City School District, OH
- 109 reviews
- A+Beachwood High School
- Beachwood City School District, OH
- 107 reviews
- A+Solon High School
- Solon City School District, OH
- 398 reviews
Shaker Heights High School Reviews
Going through Shaker Heights High School, I've had a great experience during those four years. I've made friends that I believe I will remain in touch with even though we're going into different paths in our lives. I've been very privileged to obtain the education I received, especially the AP classes and the IB Diploma Programme I entered and received my IB Diploma through. I was involved in many sports and clubs that I was able to manage my time with and that allowed me to meet different people with different cultures, backgrounds, and lifestyles, so I'm forever grateful for that. Although SHHS has its problems like any high school has, it provides extraordinary opportunities that are unrivaled by any other.
I attended this school during my Freshman year and I can say I had a good academic experience. I was mostly an A+/B student but that only comes if you’re willing to learn and pay attention. I didn’t hate any of my teachers, they were all great. They taught the material well and I was able to understand and get my work done. My counselor was wonderful and whenever I needed something, the response was quick and my questions were fully answered. As far as the kids, just stay away from any bad influences of course. There are a few rude and rowdy kids (what school doesn’t have these?) but they are usually removed or switched out of the class. The food could be a lot healthier. Most of it consists of meat, or foods high in calories. It’s better to just pack a lunch. The school has many academic opportunities (IB classes, AP, and Honors, and college prep) that I believe everyone should take advantage of, if it’s available in your grade. Overall this is a great school to attend.
Shaker Heights High School is very diverse, with students of many different religions, ethnicity, and races. The teachers really help their students to succeed not only in the classroom, but also in life outside of school. Students are encouraged to participate in our 300+ clubs and support our athletic teams. One Thursday of every months, there is an advisory period, which, for juniors and seniors, is used for planning out the steps necessary towards college. Students feel safe with our large security team present at all times. The only down side there is presently is administrative, and is being worked on this very moment.