Shaker Heights High School is a top rated, public school located in Shaker Heights, OH. It has 1,724 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Shaker Heights High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+284 Students
- A-196 Students
- B152 Students
- A-149 Students
- B146 Students
- A138 Students
- A+113 Students
- B79 Students
- B-69 Students
- A-57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 105 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Schools like Shaker Heights High School
- A+Mayfield High School
- Mayfield City School District, OH
- 216 reviews
- A+Orange High School
- Orange City School District, OH
- 107 reviews
- A+Beachwood High School
- Beachwood City School District, OH
- 95 reviews
- A+Solon High School
- Solon City School District, OH
- 369 reviews
Shaker Heights High School Reviews
Shaker Heights High School is very diverse, with students of many different religions, ethnicity, and races. The teachers really help their students to succeed not only in the classroom, but also in life outside of school. Students are encouraged to participate in our 300+ clubs and support our athletic teams. One Thursday of every months, there is an advisory period, which, for juniors and seniors, is used for planning out the steps necessary towards college. Students feel safe with our large security team present at all times. The only down side there is presently is administrative, and is being worked on this very moment.
The school is a mixture of people from different backgrounds, race, ethnicity, religions, sexual preferences. I overall think the school teaches you more about life then academics. It's opened my eyes to how the world is how it looks. But the people that have different parents judge you on how you were raised. Most of the teachers do care about you, of course sometimes we think they are being unreasonable but that happens everywhere. Compared to other Cleveland city schools they have the best lunch. You always have something to do because they have over 100 clubs and activities. BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE RACIST! Watch out and report it when you notice it.
I didn't realize how much Shaker Heights High School helped me until I graduated. For instance, the classes at SHHS have prepared me so well for the transition into college. The curriculum and the teachers do an excellent job of pushing you to become the very best student you can be. Although it may be tough it was definitely worth it in the long run. If that's enough SHHS has a variety of clubs that you can get involved in! And if for some reason you don't find a club you can make your own. When I attended SHHS a couple of my friends and I started Outdoor Adventure Club and it's still alive and well. All in all, SHHS was a great experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life.