Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Shafter High School is a public school located in Shafter, CA. It has 1,703 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 30% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-242 Students
- C-211 Students
- B135 Students
- A119 Students
- A+110 Students
- B97 Students
- A-91 Students
- A+85 Students
- A82 Students
- A82 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 111 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Shafter High School Reviews
I attending Shafter High School all four years. The experiences I had with my teachers was great! They were very great at understanding an issue and certainly knowing how to solve it. Tutoring was always offered after school for students who needed help. The activities were always interesting and fun to get students involved. One thing I would like to see change from this school would most likely be parent involvement. I believe parents have a huge responsibility and play a huge role in students achievement. It would be very nice if the school would get the parents more involved in there students education.
Shafter High is an amazing school for students to grow up in a close-knitted community and to grow as an individual since the opportunities are endless, this includes sports and academic classes the school offers. The staff and the directory really care for all the students attending, even those who feel excluded. The amount of extra help and time the teachers offer for the students in extremely abundant as each teacher wants to see students succeed in their classes.
Shafter High School is filled with school spirit and kindness. Both students and teachers are super involved and take a lot of pride in being a general. It is very comforting knowing my fellow students and the staff care about my education and well being. The students are all very kind and very involved in school activities, both academic and athletic. The teachers and staff are very kind and caring. Shafter High School offers a welcoming campus to everyone.