Shady Side Academy is a nationally respected private school in Pittsburgh for boys and girls in grades PK-12, with optional 5- or 7-day boarding in high school. Four age-specific campuses with extraordinary resources, teachers who actively mentor, a forward-thinking curriculum, a diverse and inclusive community, and a legacy of alumni accomplishments all inspire students to high achievement in academics, arts, and athletics, and to meaningful ambitions in life.
With an approach that includes small class sizes, individual attention, and a rigorous curriculum, Shady Side understands that how we educate students equips them to thrive in college and in life. Because "how" widens perspectives, reveals hidden talents, cultivates character, and elevates expectations – at every level and for every child. Because "how" matters.
Shady Side Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+81 Students
- A77 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+44 Students
- A+42 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Shady Side Academy Reviews
My experience with the school has been excellent. The quality of the faculty, staff, students, coaches and facilities are top notch. I am most impressed by the faculty advisor program. The advisor: advisee ratio is small, and the advisors connect with each of the students and help them navigate all aspects of the school. The advisors work with the faculty and pay attention to how each of the students is doing. In addition, the faculty members issue episodic interim reports to the advisor, parents and the student if the student is struggling or experiencing success. This early warning systems has proven successful for my children.
I also find the Shady Side community to be a very inclusive environment that engages all types of students, regardless of their background or interests.