Shadle Park High School is an above average, public school located in Spokane, WA. It has 1,348 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Shadle Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A159 Students
- B-145 Students
- A+116 Students
- C-91 Students
- B+91 Students
- A-59 Students
- A-57 Students
- A-41 Students
- C36 Students
- A-34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Shadle Park High School Reviews
I have found my experience at Shadle to be excellent. I have chosen to be involved with a variety of activities, such as multiple sports, instrumental music, National Honor Society, various clubs, as well as taking multiple AP classes. Also, many of my teachers are excellent and help support a positive learning environment. I think my experience is better than the average because not only am I involved, but many of my friends are also invested in Shadle as well. While personal experience has been very good, I realize that there are many deep and divisive issues within Shadle. There are many severe disconnects within and between staff and students. The student body is littered with and separated by cliques that create a lack of student unity. Additionally, many teachers and administration members fail to connect with the student body as a whole. Overall, Shadle Park High School had helped to grow and develop both academically and personally.
Shadle Park really does it's best with the resources it has! I'm in an advanced art class and I'm extremely impressed with the budget of our monthly art haul! Copic markers and oil paints are extremely expensive yet very appreciated. I'm proud of our school, even if I'm not a fan of school spirit assemblies. However, that's only because I'm not a fan of closed areas.
Shadle Park High School does seem to have an active student body. However, in my experience, most of the student-led activities are catered to the more popular students. These popular students plan these events and don't usually consult people who are not also a part of their popular friend group. Online bullying can be an issue at Shadle but in school it is usually not a problem. Just like in any high school, Shadle has enough of a diverse personality that there is a group for everyone to join, even if those groups do not mix. The best thing Shadle Park has is our pride about being a highlander. That pride will continue into the students' adult years and they will continue to support the school when they can.