Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Shadle Park High School is an above average, public school located in Spokane, WA. It has 1,218 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Shadle Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A202 Students
- B-193 Students
- A+138 Students
- C-110 Students
- B+104 Students
- A-68 Students
- A-66 Students
- B+50 Students
- A-47 Students
- A-47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Shadle Park High School Reviews
I've been blessed with a great high school experience. I'm a big part of the culture at Shadle Park being a cheerleader, on the varsity soccer team, varsity tennis player, member of National Honor Society, in our leadership class and a Highlander Helper. I have met some amazing people and taught by some amazing teachers who actually care about your learning. My favorite part is seeing the special education students smiling faces every morning, so excited to see their best friends. We have tried so hard to shape our environment to fit every unique student we have at Shadle. It's so hard to satisfy every student, which makes to spirit hard to bring out of some people. Overall, Shadle Park has evolved into the unique school with students from all walks of life and we are only going up from here.
Amazing teachers and faculty there, and a great place to cultivate a great education! I really appreciate the Highland pipe band--it is definitely special and very unique to Shadle.
There’s lots of passionate and caring teachers, counselors, and support staff, but administration is not as supportive. The environment of the school is not the most welcoming, students are rude and undisciplined by the administration. Too many times I have seen them punish the victim instead of the perpetrator. One good thing about the school are the teachers and support staff. They care deeply about students, and will do anything to help them succeed.