Seymour Senior High School is a public school located in Seymour, IN. It has 1,498 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Seymour Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A193 Students
- B+153 Students
- A+133 Students
- B-116 Students
- B90 Students
- B57 Students
- B54 Students
- A-53 Students
- NG48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Seymour Senior High School
- B-Jennings County High School
- Jennings County School Corporation, IN
- 167 reviews
- B-Brownstown Central High School
- Brownstown Central Community School Corporation, IN
- 54 reviews
- A-Columbus East High School
- Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 205 reviews
- B-Crothersville Junior/Senior High School
- Crothersville Community Schools, IN
- 31 reviews
Seymour Senior High School Reviews
This is an incredible high school and was honored to have attended. The teachers are very kind and love to help their students, the athletics are incredible, the music program is one of a kind, and the academics are outstanding!
What I liked about this high school was they lay-out of the building. All of the classes for specific subjects were grouped together. Even though it was roughly a decent sized school, you always knew where your classes were the new year because it would be in the same area that your language arts class was in last year. Something I would change about this school though is that they released all of the students from every classroom and every grade at the same exact time. This made the hallways so crowded that you could hardly get down the stairways. I would like to see them find a way to release maybe an individual grade level to free up the hallways a little bit more.
This school is okay I guess. There are some very shady things going on with the faculty, and they haven’t made any effort to explain the situation to make us feel safer. Also, this school is definitely not big enough for all of its students, and walking through the hallways can be very stressful. All in all, there isn’t anything extraordinary about this school.