Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Seymour High School is an above average, public school located in Seymour, TX. It has 152 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Seymour High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B38 Students
- A-36 Students
- B-21 Students
- B+19 Students
- A16 Students
- A13 Students
- A+11 Students
- B-10 Students
- B+9 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Seymour High School Reviews
All of the staff members are very nice and helpful. There is always someone willing to take time out of their busy schedule to help with homework or difficult tasks. I would like to see the discipline change, however, our new principal is doing an amazing job of disciplining the students whenever the need arises. Some students believe that the discipline is dumb but it really works and makes sense to discipline in this way. For example, when a student is tardy, they get detention for however long they were tardy after the bell, which is understandable. The student missed 5 minutes of class at the beginning so they have to stay 5 minutes after school. Other than that, I would like to see the cell phone rule change. I believe that students should have their phones as long as it is okay with the teacher and if the student is done with all of their assigned work.
I liked the clubs and sports they offered to their students while attending the high school. I would like for them to improve on their faculty and their teaching. They could also improve on their levels of college readiness for those who are about to leave the small town of Seymour and embark on the new chapter of their lives.
It's A great School! The staff are always welcoming. Can go and talk to any of the teacher and get the help you need.